Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner

Improving plastic lawn chairs :(

russellette, 28 of December of 2014 at 20:42 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi all!

I am having my reception in a marquee and am after some ideas for how to improve the look of the ugly pvc chairs we are using.

I have considered getting some lycra chair covers/bows, but the marquee will have no floor, just grass, and I wonder if this would look odd?

We have 150 guests so it can't be something too elaborate. The wedding is also overseas so I can't hire things easily..

Any nice tips would be great.. Fiance reckons the chairs are fine but I have never seen any wedding ideas involving these ones.

The upgrade chairs are double the price!

Russ

Thank you!

6 replies

Latest activity by HeavyMetalMaiden, 29 of December of 2014 at 11:27
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I haven't seen chair covers that can accommodate chairs with arms, and depending on how much you are paying for the chairs in the first place adding covers may well double the price to the same as the upgraded ones.I say leave them as they are, but I dont know where in the world your wedding is but no floor and just grass in the uk could of been a problem

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

To be honest, I'd leave them as they are. Spend the money on general decor instead. I think these chairs will look OK so long as they are clean.

• R
    Beginner
    russellette ·
    • Hide content

Thank you both Smiley smile

the wedding is in rural France and in summer it is (usually!!) dry in that part of the country.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

To be honest - they are what they are and decorating them could make them look more conspicuous. I agree with Paula - focus on decorating your venue to take the eye away from the chairs rather than do something that would draw the eye to them. Form what you've said I think they will look fine so don;t worry Smiley smile Sounds a wonderful event. x

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I'm also on team leave them alone Smiley smile

As long as people have somewhere to sit, the chair will be the least of their worries. i know it's hard to detach sometimes, but honestly they're fine as they are.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

I agree, if they are nice and clean then leave them. Besides, bums and coats will be hiding them for most if the day hehe!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics