Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2024 Hertfordshire

Indecision on a venue!

Sophie, 1 of January of 2024 at 11:07 Posted on Planning 0
Hi all, we have viewed a few venues and each has been better than the previous. We were very excited to view one yesterday and then ended up viewing one a couple of days before. We hadn’t thought too much about it but when we arrived I was wowed. It’s a huge Jacobean mansion with stunning gardens, bridges and plants. Inside it’s a hotel and there is a separate ceremony space which is light and high ceilinged. The menu is good and slightly flexible. I loved it all. It got my heart singing as they say. The main room is lovely and wouldn’t need much dressing.
So then we went to the one we were originally excited about and I just felt….disappointment. I wasn’t feeling it at all at first. It’s lovely but the ceremony space was dark and low ceiling (can be lightened up with chairs and candles etc). The main space is a barn which was all set for a wedding but I just wasn’t moved at all. The space is great, the advantages are the bar is right there, they have a ramp for wheelchair access whereas the other one doesn’t and the bar is across a hotel hallway next to reception- might get confusing with people in and out and hotel goers. The barn one felt more informal, they were so so nice and I think the menu and service would be exceptional. But it’s not a hotel so everyone would have to stay nearby and get taxis. I am so torn. The grounds of the second are nice but not stunning. I don’t know which date to go for either or which venue. Wish someone could see into the future and tell me which one! Head versus heart?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics