Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner June 2013

Indemnity insurance

pokarekareana, 4 June, 2012 at 12:08 Posted on Planning 0 2

Our venue have said that we need to get indemnity insurance. We're a bit confused about what this means, or which insurance companies provide it. It doesn't seem to be mentioned among any of the wedding insurance policies that I've seen. Obviously we're now going to go back to the venue and ask for a bit more info, but can anyone explain what it is and whether or not it is likely to be included in an ordinary wedding insurance policy?

Thanks!

2 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 4 June, 2012 at 13:23
  • porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content

It'll be public indemnity, to guard against anything happening to your guests and them sueing - seems a bit off that you should provide it though? We have to provide it at ours as its not a conventional wedding venue, just a town hall, and our caterer has it so were covered. I would have thought a normal wedding venue (that has weddings all the time) would just have it as standard. I'd question them on it to be honest! It would have to be a separate policy, not connected to wedding insurance.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I think this is odd. Wedding venues should have this covered. Unless it's an unusual venue?

It is normally businesses that would have this, not individuals as far as I'm aware.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

We had to make sure that the jazz band that was playing at our daughter's wedding venue had got indemnity insurance which was basically to cover any accidents involving their equipment but other than this, it was provided by the venue. They wouldn't allow the band to play until they had a copy of the insurance either and it took a bit of chasing so allow plenty of time as theirs only came through at the last minute!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics