Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner January 2012

Indian and English wedding food

The future Mr K?, 30 of April of 2013 at 22:21 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi,

I'm hoping somebody can help us. Miss K and I are trying to find a caterer that can cope with our demands for Indian and English food at our wedding. Basically Miss K's family is Indian and mine are English. We would like to serve a wedding menu that all members of the family will eat and see something they know (although I want curry!)

Does anyone know of a caterer that can do this. We are thinking of getting married in the Berkshire area, we've looked in Southall with it's large Indian population but can't seem to find anything that can do English as well.

Thank you for any replies.

12 replies

Latest activity by AmberAbida, 1 of April of 2024 at 05:53
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Hello Welcome to hitched!

Is having 2 separate caterers an option?

Or having an English wedding breakfast and Indian evening buffet or visa versa?

I know most 'English' Caterers will have 'Indian' inspired dishes on their menus although these may not be as authentic as some of your guests might expect.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Sorry forgot to add these are 2 caterers I know of in London (not sure if they cover Berkshire)

https://www.ragasaan.com/ragasaan-Menus.php

http://www.thesaffronhouse.co.uk/index.htm

• T
    Beginner January 2012
    The future Mr K? ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Funky.

I'm thinking that the two caterer option might be a way forward, although not sure how it would work practically.

I will ask the venue and see if they have ideas. Think I might spend a few days sat with caterers and explaining exactly what I want and see if they can take the challenge.

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

We are having exactly this too! Our caterers our "English" but are doing us a mix of British and Indian classics for our wedding breakfast - it's a hot fork buffet. There are plenty of caterers who can do this for you; I would just google caterers in the area and see what comes up. That's what I did and I found ours because they had done "fusion" food before at another wedding. Find caterers you like the look of and then approach them with your ideas and see what kind of menus they come up with.

• diliphirani
    diliphirani ·
    • Hide content

This sounds intriguing! I covered a number of Indian weddings last year and although there was the cocktails and buffet style or finger foods, there was not one which had main meals covering both English and Indian food (kids love chips!!!). To be honest, I have never been asked but, I do find it interesting why there aren't many caterers with chefs to cover the diversity.

• M
    Mark Sapsford M.C ·
    • Hide content

Im an English Guy who is marrying the lovely Ritu in August who is of Indian Origin

Our caterers are providing food that both families will be able to eat and recognise

Contact me via private message and i will give you their details

• T
    Beginner January 2012
    The future Mr K? ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Mark,

I've dropped you a PM.

Many thanks

Steve

• diliphirani
    diliphirani ·
    • Hide content

Hi Mark, dropped you a PM too.

Thanks in advance.
    Dilip

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Totally good point, never realised before that there's not so many fusion companies, I would also be interested in receiving the catering company name by PM if that's possible! I have a few Asian friends with weddings approaching

• V
    Beginner April 2024 North Yorkshire
    Vanessa ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi there! Could you send me their contact too??
  • H
    Beginner August 2024 Surrey
    Hanna ·
    • Hide content
    Hello, happy to see this thread - wonder if anyone could please share the details of the fusion caterer? Many thanks!
  • A
    Beginner April 2025 Hertfordshire
    Amanda ·
    • Hide content

Hi can I ask if you found someone to cater your wedding needs. My son is white British and my future daughter in law is Pakistani. We are looking for someone to cater their wedding at Offley Place in Hitchin.

Would love to know what direction you went and how it worked for you.

Many thanks

Mandie

• A
    Beginner July 2022 Nottinghamshire
    AmberAbida ·
    • Hide content

That sounds like a fantastic idea for your wedding! Mixing British and Indian classics for your wedding breakfast must offer a wonderful array of flavors for your guests to enjoy. It's great to hear that you found caterers who were able to accommodate your vision for fusion cuisine. Thanks for sharing your experience and offering helpful advice to others who might be planning a similar style of wedding. Wishing you all the best for your special day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics