Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

goldpants
Beginner May 2014

Indulgent wedding dress ideas!!! *flashes*

goldpants, 11 of October of 2012 at 14:13

Posted on Planning 47

So I've been engaged since February this year and not getting married until May 2014 but have been looking at dresses online for months. In my head I think I know the styles that will flatter, and have been looking at dresses I think will suit my body shape. As a background I am 5"5 apple shaped...

So I've been engaged since February this year and not getting married until May 2014 but have been looking at dresses online for months. In my head I think I know the styles that will flatter, and have been looking at dresses I think will suit my body shape. As a background I am 5"5 apple shaped size 12 with 34E boobs. So basically I want something that is fitted at the waist then comes out, so that I can gorge on all the lovely catering and not worry about looking bloated. I also have to have the cleavage tucked away to look classy. So basically here are the styles I like, some are totally out of the £1000 budget (well, closer to £1k than £1500!)and some arent available in the uk but if anyone knows an idea of prices of these dresses or knows of a similiar style dress I haven't found please let me know!! I know I'll probably try dresses on and love something completely different, but thi is homework i dont mind doing!!!! All help much appreciated.... Get ready to see some beautiful dresses!!!So cmon ladies put me out of my misery and tell m I can't afford any of them! Thank god there is no Rosa Clara stockists in the uk, Id put the whole wedding budget willingly on one of those dresses!!!!!

pronovias diosa

pronovias ulma

pronovias uribe

pronovias dinar

pronovias ducado

pronovias uldar

pronovias emporium

pronovias style unknown

pronovias dacio

jenny packham freesia

justin alexander 8664

justin alexander 8557

maggie sottero asha

maggie sottero mona

modern trousseau style unknown

benjamin roberts 2308

rosa clara 106 baeza

rosa clara jimena

rosa clara jordania

rosa clara dedalo

rosa clara denia

rosa clara hanau

rosa clara hegoa

aire barcelona remir

aire barcelona remo

aire barcelona ren

aire barcelona rene

mark lesley 2172

mark lesley 5054

mark lesley 5053

mark lesley 5063

loulou bridal lb19

loulou bridal lb20

pronovias durban

ellis bridals thea

ellis bridals 11187

ellis bridals 11228

mori lee 2415

mori lee 2517

mori lee 6735

essence of australia d1244

ella bridal 5505

allure bridal 8953

allure bridal 8972

allure bridal 2558

ronald joyce patience

benjamin roberts 2302

naomi neoh marianne

47 replies

• pumpkin_pie
    Beginner May 2013
    pumpkin_pie ·
    • Hide content

Jenny packham freesia gets my vote!

• MrsCToBe2013
    Beginner August 2013
    MrsCToBe2013 ·
    • Hide content

Oooo love all the dresses that you flashed originally. definately go in and try different styles. i thought i wanted a plain dress but now i have sparkle, lace and loads of details.

just wanted to say that i got my dress from abigails- they are lovely in there and make you feel very special. i have got the my dress, suit hire and bridesmaids dresses from there.

I also went to the wedding shop, they were lovely ladies as well and stocked some gorgeous dresses especially pronovias. ended up with abigails because thats where 'the one' was.

wasnt so keen on grace and lace- werent very friendly so i didnt bother with my appointment. the dress shop opposite the NCP on the corner were really good aswell, so may be worth a look (cant remember the name).

just enjoy yourself! its a lot of fun!

• F
    Beginner September 2014
    faye_h ·
    • Hide content

The Naomi Neoh Marianne dress is the one dress I keep going back to - have had my eye on it for months now - absolutely love it, unfortunately it's a lovely £2,400!!! I really don't think I can justify that money but it'so damn beautiful! ?

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

Eeeek today is the day!! Smiley smile i have been engaged now for one year and one month... i have waited so long to start trying dresses on!!! Smiley smile yayayay!! will keep you posted on my first experience once the celebratory wine with my moh wears off Smiley smile xxxx

• Italybride14
    Beginner May 2014
    Italybride14 ·
    • Hide content

Keep us updated!

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

Well that was fun!

got to try on about 6/7 dresses and there was one clear winner of the day - don't think it is 'the one' but the style was definitely the most flattering that I tried on. I had straps, stapless, lace sleeves, a line, empire, mermaid, princess dress.... all very different styles but the best one by far was a shocker!!! I actually think a dress that flatters me the most is a mermaid dress!!!!!! i havent even looked at them online and in fact have been as dismissive to say i really dont like them but added one to the pile to discount it and loved it instead! i have big boobs small waist and come back out in the hips and i loved the hourglass shape it gave me and didnt feel too 'bodycon' on the stomach that i thought it would. then she added the belt and it was just gorgeous. then she added a veil and i knew i wanted a veil! oh dear, ive changed my mind on everything already!! Smiley smile it was good fun though and looking forward to next week to try some more on! gonna look at all styles again for number two as with my mum instead this time so want her opinion on all styles as well.

the dress was Benjamin Roberts 2392 and i bloody love lace, strapless, mermaid.... oh dear! the dress looks so different and boring on the shapeless model pic too i wouldnt look twice!

moh did take some sneaky pics so will flash when im on the laptop Smiley smile xxxxx

• LilMissBusyBride
    Beginner August 2013
    LilMissBusyBride ·
    • Hide content

Wow what a dress. Glad you had fun! x

• LilMissBusyBride
    Beginner August 2013
    LilMissBusyBride ·
    • Hide content

Wow what a dress. Glad you had fun! x

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

Second day of dress shopping - and another winner of the day, this time White Rose R524 - can't believe how much my taste has differed from the last visit. How will I ever decide haha! This is the top two so far...... (neither do the dresses justice!)

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You can't go wrong with that combination. The dress is so beautiful, can't wait to see what you end up with!

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

So another day of dress shopping finished - tried on another 8 dresses including the ellis bridal calista from my original wishlist.... nothing looked right! came out feeling really deflated and thought maybe as it is that time of the month im just not feeling good about myself. me and mum just kept comparing all the dresses to our favourite from last week - the white rose beauty. I even put on a gorgeous lace mermaid dress similiar to the benjamin roberts (actually it cost even more!) and it looked beautiful but I have decided as pretty and flattering as the mermaid dress is... it is not my wedding dress. I cant walk in them for one, the lace is so heavy and so much material around my feet and i just feel a bit too hollywood glam... if i ever get invited to a red carpet event s mermaid dress is the eay forward but i cant see myself walking down the aisle at my casual country bbq barn weddng wearing one.

Mum could see i was deflated and suggested we try and nip back to the second shop and try the white rose dress again - as soon as it was on it felt great and when i looked in the mirror i was so happy and smily - suddely feeling amazing again. I've put it on three times now and each time i love it more. going to take my moh to see it next weekend for a second opinion and going to keep the two other shop appointments i have between now and then just to be sure but I have a very good feeling about this dress!!! AND it's under budget! Smiley smile

Me and mum spent the afternoon nattering about dresses and the lady in the shop pointed out that we were both referring to the dress as 'my dress' 'your dress' which is always a good sign! Smiley smile she said how would you feel if the dress was discontinued and my heart sunk at the thought... i think by the end of this month i will have put a deposit down on it Smiley smile

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

Oh and for what it is worth i have now tried on a one shoulder dress and a dress with lace sleeves and i hated both of them! my original wishlit is shot to pieces Smiley smile

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

A quick update from me if anyone is still reading this uber long thread lol -

Another shop down and some really pretty dresses but none with the wow factor of my favourite. A Mori Lee dress gave me a slight twinge of excitement but not for long - the other dress still trumps it.

Another appointment today and then one last one on saturday morning (accidentally saved the biggest shop until last?!) and after that appointment i've got an appointment to go back to the shop with 'my' dress and try it on again and hopefully put down a deposit Smiley smile

Almost hoping nothing surprises me today or saturday but fate is fate - I want to know I've trued on every dress in town possible! No woobles then (I really cant imagine wobbling about my dress though.... cant wait to put it on again for the 4th time!!)Had a nightmare last night it had been discontinued..... saturday cannot come quick enough!

On probably the most positive note of all my mum has come to every single appointment and is loving it - she is giving me the honest feedback i need and really loves the dress too! We haven't bonded like this is years and years Smiley smile xxxxxx

• Italybride14
    Beginner May 2014
    Italybride14 ·
    • Hide content

It could've been me writing some of your posts! I had exactly the same experiences! The second dress shop I went to I found my dress ( sincerity 3730). I then went to another 5 or 6 shops on different days. On one of the days, I ended up really deflated and fed up. Just wasn't feeling any of the dresses. Well, there was one ( white rose Stephanie) which looked amazing!

Anyway, last Saturday I went with my mum, mil to be and bridesmaids. We went to a Ronald Joyce trunk show, tried on a stunner ( it's new and no pics on line yet) which gave me serious wobbles! Then went back to the shop that had my dress. I just had that amazing feeling all over again! I wanted to show my bridesmaids the white rose dress so we went to that shop. I knew instantly that sincerity was mine. The staff actually said, if you found out they were discontinued, how would you feel. Sincerity was ordered within the hour!

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

Bought the dress - so happy that it's officially mine now and deposit paid - nothing else compared!! eeek! so funny to think of the dress journey over the last year but just shows what you think will suit might not and what you end up loving could be something you never considered. Thanks for listening and all of your advice! Smiley smile

White Rose R524

Model :

Me :

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics