Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner June 2019

Informal Evening Buffet- Seating Plan or allow guests to pick?

FutureMrsB2019, 22 of January of 2018 at 12:34 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi,

We are getting married in June 2019 and I was wondering if anyone could help me. We are not having a wedding breakfast, we have decided to get married later and head straight in for an evening buffet at around 6:30pm. I am a bit stuck over if we should have a seating plan for this as it is informal.

We are having a top table for bride/groom, parents and best man. We are then having a bridal party table but not sure about the others.

Any help would be very welcome.

Thanks

1 replies

Latest activity by Jade, 7 of November of 2022 at 20:00
  • S
    Beginner March 2018
    Sandra-Dee ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Exciting times ahead for you! Congratulations!

I don't think a seating seating plan is necessary if you only have a buffet. However if you want to or have to keep certain people away from each other then it's a good idea to have one.

We have some family issues (as a lot of people on here) and have to keep certain people away from each other but don't want to tell guests where exactly they have to sit. So we have decided to have table plan rather than a seating plan meaning we are allocating tables but not specific seats. So within the table guests can decide who they want to sit next to.

If all of your guests get on with each other then just let them pick where they want to sit. Just make it clear which table is reserved for the bridal party.

I hope that helps and good luck with all the planning,

Sandra

• Jade
    Beginner March 2023 Merseyside
    Jade ·
    • Hide content

Hi lovely - how did you end up having your wedding for this topic? I'm currently having this debate x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics