Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious September 2021 Surrey

Insurance recommendations.

Samantha, 6 of December of 2020 at 10:10 Posted on Planning 0 3
Unfortunately I imagine a few people here have had to make use of wedding insurance recently. Any advice on great insurers or ones to avoid? We put a deposit on a venue yesterday for April 21. So any advice would be appreciated.

3 replies

Latest activity by Ashton, 15 of December of 2020 at 20:15
  • RomanticBrownStationery29719
    Dedicated
    RomanticBrownStationery29719 ·
    • Hide content
    The unlikely you will find any insurance to cover you for a wedding just 4 months away. Most of them are suspended/ not offering new policies due to corona till further notice. So all you can do is pay with credit card for some security(in case venue goes bust) and make sure you read the small print of all your vendors regarding covid restrictions. Planning with so short notice in the middle of a pandemic sadly will mean the risk of restrictions affecting your wedding will be mainly on you, unless you liase conditions well with your vendors prior to booking. All the best
  • S
    Curious September 2021 Surrey
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. I had no idea. X
  • Ashton
    Beginner June 2022 Alpes-Maritimes
    Ashton ·
    • Hide content

Hi Samantha,

I have not been able to find insurance for my wedding in France in June 2021 due to covid however as a hotelier who sells weddings my advice is to try and negotiate as much flexibility into your supplier contracts as possible - i.e. cancellation % being as small as possible or having them agree to roll over your deposit to a new date (when you have to cancel in its entirety) or attrition (where you have to reduce your numbers or spend - you can ask for a % reduction i.e. 10% or 20% without charge by an agreed cut off date, typically something like 14 or 30 days before arrival). Force Majeure is going to be hard to argue with vaccines now in play globally as this clause can normally only be sited when the contract is impossible or illegal to perform but again it depends on the wording you have in the clause.

My final advice might sound simple but, be kind, and be nice to work with! At the end of the day contracts and insurance come into play when things go very wrong but if you build good relationships with all your suppliers they're much more likely to try and support you in difficult times than if you're not...

Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics