Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

moonpie1985
Beginner July 2012

Interesting male perspective on if a women should hand back her engagement ring after a break up

moonpie1985, 5 September, 2011 at 21:19

Posted on Planning 47

So I was reading the male dominated world of pistonheads forums again, and stumbled across a thread which has got into a debate on if a women should return her engagement ring to the guy if the relationship brakes down. Here is the link:...

So I was reading the male dominated world of pistonheads forums again, and stumbled across a thread which has got into a debate on if a women should return her engagement ring to the guy if the relationship brakes down.

Here is the link: http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=210&t=1050003&i=999999&nmt=Selling unwanted engagement rings....

Now I want the ladies perspective...

47 replies

• MrsMac2be
    Super May 2015
    MrsMac2be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I dont agree that money's money but I do appreciate your opinion. I would feel awful if I had sold my rings from my previous marriage to pay for this one, it just doesn't seem right, to me. However, I threw my rings at my ex husband when I found him with my Warrant Officers daughter! so I need not worry about selling them lol.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS.

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content

I was always of the understanding that if he broke the relationship, the lady could keep the ring. If she caused the break up she shoould give it back.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

I have been engaged before and kept mine after my ex asked for it back when we split up after he had been caught out cheating!

Anyways I told him if he gave me back the gifts I had bought him he could have it - playstation 2, digital camera etc, he declined so I kept the ring and sold it. Unfortunately i didnt get much for it and prob would of been better off with the camera and playstation 2 lol but hey!

I never wore it after we split and never would of I was just annoyed he had the cheek to ask for it back after I caught him out and he owed me a lot of money but thats another story!

Obviously I think if the woman cheats or ends relationship she should give it back!

• Doris 5/10
    Beginner May 2013
    Doris 5/10 ·
    • Hide content

I would love to sell my old engagement ring but no one wants to buy it. Tells you how cheap it was?

• Doris 5/10
    Beginner May 2013
    Doris 5/10 ·
    • Hide content

I would love to sell my old engagement ring but no one will buy it. Tells you how cheap it was.?

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

I broke up a previous engagement and I gave the ring back. I think it depends heavily on the situation.

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I kept my engagement ring from my ex. He told me to keep it. (I would have kept it even if he hadn't told me too). He broke off the engagement.

I kept our wedding rings too. Sold his for more than I bought it for. Sold mine for less than my ex paid, but it still paid for me to have some new tattoos.

I haven't sold my ER yet, which worries my OH for some reason.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

My nan used to wear my mum's first engagment ring. They called off the wedding 2 weeks before and are still friends.

I am not sure what I would do and I think it would very much depend on the situation.

If he cheated, I would sell it and maybe give the money to charity, not sure I could buy myself something with it as it would be a constant reminder of bad memories.

I have a silver musical jewellery box from my ex which is at the back of my drawer, I want to get rid of it and thought of selling it but it is engraved ☹️, I just can't seem to throw something so valuable (money wise not emotionally) in the rubbish?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics