Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

O
Beginner June 2010

"International" Bridesmaid Dresses - need help

Olie, 26 September, 2009 at 14:32 Posted on Planning 0 8

My sisters are going to be my bridesmaids - which is brilliant - however one lives in France (in the alps) and the other in Australia (Sydney). They will be unable to come to the UK to try on bridesmaid dresses before the wedding so I need to find a collection/designer they can get hold of internationally.

Any ideas?? I'm going nuts...

8 replies

Latest activity by anita12, 12 October, 2009 at 11:13
  • 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Why don't you just choose a colour and send them a sample to buy a dress that suits them but not necessarily to match. Otherwise you could take a chance on buying the dresses here in their sizes and sent them out to them for altertions. Depending on the style they might be ok without. When I got married I made my bridesmaid dresses and posted them to them to try on lol

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I am actually liking this one, but I don't know what the quality would be like http://www.dragonorient.com/product.php?productid=18356&cat=491&page=2

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Hi and welcome! ?

I have the same problem, 3 best friends and my sis are bridesmaids - only one of my friends is in the UK, then its Denmark, US and Italy. Italian one has since found out she is upduffed and is due on the month of the wedding so most probably will not be able to come. I'm sending them a swatch / general colour guidelines and they will get thier own - the colour will not be exactly the same obviously but it doesn't really matter to me, to be honest.

however - if there is a better solution out there I'd also be interested to know...

• mummy2hannah
    Beginner August 2011
    mummy2hannah ·
    • Hide content

Hello! Welcome to Hitched!!

What about getting your BM's measurements and taking that along to a dress makers...and see what they can do?!

I've not been to a dress makers before, so I don't know if it'll be a big faff on and/or expensive! but I think other girls on here have opted that route so they'll probably be able to help more!!

So when/where are you getting married? How's the rest of the planning coming on? xxx

• O
    Beginner June 2010
    Olie ·
    • Hide content

Hi and thanks - I am actually thinking about taking that route of buying the dresses here and sending them to try them on/alter...seems like the easiest option to get exactly what I want.

Otherwise I did find some online searches and found that Mori Lee have a stockist in Sydney and one near my sister in France, so I've asked them to go there and suggested some styles for them to try on....so that could also be an option?

The thing with my sisters is they are very different builds, (though same skin tone - thankfully!) so they'll look great in the same coloured dress but in slightly different styles. They will both be about the same size (8-10) but the main difference is in the bust area, so I've asked them to go out and try dresses on in different styles and send me pics to see what suits them. Once I've got an idea of styles and their measurements I can go out and shop, then post them over - postage will be the only down-side with this plan, it won't be cheap!

• O
    Beginner June 2010
    Olie ·
    • Hide content

My mother told me about a website: twobirdsbridesmaid.com, they have one dress which can be fashioned in any way to suit the person wearing them. Because of the flexibility the size isn't too crucial, so it's a good one for international bridesmaids. They are based in New York but have recently opened a shop in or near Sydney - I'm sending my sister there to investigate, but I think they post overseas anyway.

• O
    Beginner June 2010
    Olie ·
    • Hide content

Sorry forgot to answer your questions - the wedding is in June next year in St Andrews in Scotland - that's where we met at Uni so it's a special place to us, plus it's such a lovely location.

We've got the church/reception all booked and I've ordered my dress, but still have lots to do - everything else really! Very excited though Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner April 2010
    laurakjones ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I am in a similar situation, 2 of my bridesmaids are in Australia and 1 is in London, I live in Australia too (but I 'm getting married in the UK). I have found a couple of international companies that definitly do dresses in Australia and the UK

https://www.jasminebridal.com/J_2.aspx

http://www.alfredangeloanz.com/Collections/CollectionHome.aspx?categoryId=33D2B673-49B9-4AB7-AC81-5177F47A6225

I am hoping to go shopping soon with my Australian bridesmaids and the let my UK bridesmaid know the style and colour etc and then she can get hers in the UK, that way everyone can be properly measured etc.

Hope this helps

• A
    Beginner August 2011
    anita12 ·
    • Hide content

I am to face the same problems!

even though im not getting married until aug 2011, i have give a lot of thought to this. What i'm going to do is pick out my colour, send the girls to some big department stores which have stores worldwide with all the details of the dresses i like, get them to try them on and then they can either order them from where they are living or i can order them all over the internet.

Most of the big department stores have a huge selection of dresses , not all being specificly for bridesmaid's but if you have a look on their websites they have some wonderful dresses which i think would look wonderful .

xxxxxxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics