Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner April 2026 Greater Manchester

International venues for smaller weddings?

Alice, 14 of February of 2024 at 14:57 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2

Hi all

Just thought I would reach out as someone who is looking to host the wedding ceremony/reception abroad for a smaller party around spring 2026. We plan to spend maybe 5-7 days dependant on the country and its requirements for weddings to take place, and will only be hosting 5 guests maximum.

We both love the idea of Italy - problem being, the majority of the venues only hire out on an all-exclusive basis, which would really be wasted on us, and a huge chunk of money we'd rather not spend. We won't be needing 15+ bedrooms and dinner for 100 guests, which is what I'm seeing a lot of when enquiring!

We have been looking at Cyprus, for a similar vibe/weather but for a smaller budget and party size. We're kind of open to pretty much anywhere at this point. We've even had a look at Mexico, as they have some beautiful resorts.

The most important thing is that we can have a space to hire for the day, and don't need to book anymore accommodation than what is required.

If anyone here has done a smaller, intimate international wedding, do reach out! I'd love to know your thoughts and where you decided. Thank you in advance x

2 replies

Latest activity by Alice, 19 of February of 2024 at 11:39
  • E
    Beginner September 2025 Sorrento
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    We are in the same boat as you and really struggling to decide between Italy and Mexico whilst keeping the kids happy and within budget …. Good luck I hope you find some inspiration x
  • A
    Beginner April 2026 Greater Manchester
    Alice ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! It's so difficult isn't it? Trying to treat it more as a holiday to keep the options open, but the budgets for everywhere we've seen is crazy. Good luck to you!! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics