Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner November 2022 Northamptonshire

Intervening parents???

Parafxckingnoir, 21 of August of 2017 at 09:37 Posted on Planning 0

Someone PLEASE give me some advice..

Started planning with the h2b, he has fed our thoughts back to his parents who are saying "no, that's a bad idea, do this" or "no, it's just a day, don't throw money at it" but then saying "it's a day for you two so do it to how you like not everyone else". They're also dissing the dress that I've taken road well as now ruling other aspects of my life such as whether MY dog can travel to see MY mother.

It's all starting to drain me now and I'm starting to lose all want and need for this wedding

Any suggestions to stop this or at least distract me from it? Nothing is going to get done at this rate

thanks all!

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Talk to H2B and the future in laws, politely say for them to butt out unless you ask for advice. You and your fiance are both adults and are going to do what you want for you big day (and the rest of your lives).

Ignore them and stand your ground, I know it's draining and frustrating, but standing up for yourself is the best way to do this. Once they realise that you won't entertain unsolicited advice they might just stop giving it, or alternatively you can call them out on being rude or contradictory. Such as:

"What happened to doing what we wanted, after all it's our day and our money"

"I happen to really like my dress, don't you think you're being a bit rude?"

"I'm sorry, but I think I get to decide what happens to MY dog"

And so on, but most importantly talk to your H2B about how they're making you feel and he might be able to provide a bit of support or tell them to back off.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics