Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2015

Interview at the registry office

MrsB2015, 17 of February of 2014 at 22:09 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all

Has anyone had had to have a meeting at the registry office before giving notice? My OH is Canadian but has lived in the uk since he was 3 and his mum is British. They said we need to go for a interview. I'm a little bit nervous even tho I have no need to be but has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance

xx

5 replies

Latest activity by IGB2B, 22 of February of 2014 at 23:11
  • M
    Beginner August 2014
    Minicupcake ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

There is nothing to worry about, everyone has to do thisi if you are getting married by the registra. We went a few months ago it was just to give notice and we had to take our birth certificates, passports and a utility bill (proof of our address).

The lady just asked us a few questions i.e. OH full name, date of birth etc.

x x

• F
    Beginner September 2014
    future.mrs.c ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We've got this booked for a couple of weeks time and I'm soooo nervous about mine 2!

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

We had to have an interview to put our notices up and it was just a case of verifying who we are and answering a couple of questions about each other (name, date of birth, address and job title). Fiance got my DOB wrong, made me two years and 1 day younger (love him!) but it was fine. We also have to have another interview just before the ceremony at the registry office. These are both standard and nothing to worry about though.

hth x

• Jojopug
    Beginner October 2014
    Jojopug ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the other ladies, so laid back, i totally exoected to be grilled and it was very short and easy. I was born in Germany and have dual nationality and had no problems at all, infact my OH came out mid interview to confirm my year of birth lol

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

I gave notice today. They just asked us to verify each other's full names and DOB. She asked us both what each other's fathers did and where we were getting married.

i had gotten myself worked up over the interview and it really wasn't worth it. You'll be fine x

• IGB2B
    Beginner May 2014
    IGB2B ·
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I live in separate boroughs so we've given notice totally separately. When I gave notice, I realised I had no idea of my OH's postcode so the registrar googled it on her computer!

There was nothing to worry about. It was all very relaxed and informal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics