Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2018

intimate wedding evening entertainment ideas

Mr&MrsJennings, 13 of November of 2016 at 00:22 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all,

We're still in the very early stages of planning and seeking some advice. To keep costs down We've been thinking of holding a small intimate wedding (parents, grandparents, siblings and close friends) but the issue comes with what to do for evening entertainment. We couldn't really have a disco with such a small amount of people, it'd just be awkward so what could we do? Has anyone had or is planning a small wedding without the usual evening disco?

Thanks

L&V

5 replies

Latest activity by NathalieSB, 20 of November of 2016 at 11:11
  • L
    Beginner November 2017
    LuxuriousGoldDecor405 ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

Are thinking of doing the same thing! Been looking at venues and costs and going back and fourth on what to do.

We are set on having a church wedding and then we're not sure what to do with our family. I thought just going out for a meal

after but then it feels a shame to get all dressed up for a couple of hours!! So difficult

x

• Firefly0410
    Beginner October 2018
    Firefly0410 ·
    • Hide content

Where are you thinking of holding your wedding/reception? Are you having a sit down meal or have you not decided that yet?

If you're just going to go somewhere nice for food then that and a few drinks should be enough, but if you're holding it in a hotel and eating there then maybe you could find some wedding themed party games? Or giant garden games like jenga or something to play in the space where you would normally have lots of people dancing. If you want something a bit more formal maybe you could get someone in to do some wine tasting or something like that.

• E
    Beginner May 2018
    ExpensiveIvoryCakes743 ·
    • Hide content

I am having a registry office wedding and there shall be 8 guests and us. I hope to have a sit down lunch in a posh restaurant and a few drinks. We are keeping our budget very low and this is my second marriage. (Had a fairytale wedding last time around, this time keeping it simple and elegant)

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsW2017 ·
    • Hide content

I had a very small first wedding with just 22 of us in total. We had a late ceremony (4:30pm) at a hotel followed by dinner there. We didn't have any evening entertainment but found that everyone just mingled around and had a good chat and I think people still stayed fairly late. It was all very relaxed and I had a great time hanging out with my very favourite people. I think you'll be ok without any extra entertainment but if you're going for a summer wedding, you could do a BBQ with games like firefly suggested.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

A magician might be the solution.

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

You could get some wedding games together with your guests participating.

Perhaps an entertainer that could mingle from one table to the next eg a magician

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics