Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

km329
Savvy August 2021

Invertation Help needed...

km329, 20 of November of 2014 at 12:23 Posted on Planning 0 13

Im trying to find invertations at the moment and am struggleing.

i like the idea of pocketfolds with different cards/sections but
to have them made the way I want it's going to cost a fortune!

Ive checked the price to make them myself but it's pretty much the same to be honest.

So, I was wondering what you all are doing for your invites?

if your not having pocketfolds, how are you getting all of the info in something else?

13 replies

Latest activity by km329, 27 of November of 2014 at 17:01
  • jennybob
    Beginner April 2015
    jennybob ·
    • Hide content

My mum is making the invitations. We also bought some nice card and paper and took it to the local college where they printed all the invitations and made little rxvpcards for us and all the printing cost £5 I am going to do any other info on a word document and print them out and cut them into small slips to add into the invites. I dont think you need to spend a fortune on invites, i'm just tucking all the papers and rsvp card into the invite, no one will appreciate the extra expense you have paid to get a pocket to put them in, i know i wouldn't even notice

Smiley smile

• TheFutureMrsB
    Beginner June 2015
    TheFutureMrsB ·
    • Hide content

These sites might help with some invitation inspiration :-)

http://www.pocketfoldinvites.co.uk/

http://www.imaginedoingityourself.co.uk/

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    SunnyBrownDiamonds138 ·
    • Hide content

I made my own pocketfold invitations. Was much cheaper than buying.

Beginner April 2014
    **Claire** ·
    • Hide content

We had a single page A5 invite that OH designed and got printed with other info on a website. Only my grannie wasn't able to use the website and we just told her. Some friends have sent luggage tag invites with info on paper stuck on, although these took a long time to make.

• millbankandkent
    millbankandkent ·
    • Hide content

Making your own is great if you have the time and patience and manage to find the materials that match your colour scheme. Your invitations give your guests the very first impression of what to expect of your wedding day so they are an important part of the wedding if you are wanting to impress your guests. Most stationers can create something to fit in with your budget and saves you spending time and money purchasing items that may not work out as you wished. I have had a number of customers over the years who have made their own, been disappointed and then ended up ordering from us. They therefore paid twice for their stationery which is a terrible waste of the budget.

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

I'm lucky because my dad is a graphic designer who is obsessed with type, so he will be doing most of our stationery... however the design is still ours. I spotted some pocket-type envelopes recently where you have one open side and then a ribbon to take the main invite out, which I think is simple and cute.

My plan was originally pocketfolds but I think I'm more likely to go with a couple of pieces, one with the formal invitation and one with a wedding website printed on them but our home address added for those who would prefer to do it by hand, but with no actual RSVP sheet just because pretty much all of our family and friends are online so paying out for postage is pointless (But I like real paper invites Smiley smile)

• km329
    Savvy August 2021
    km329 ·
    • Hide content

Ok, so, ive found a design that ive fallen in love with.

Does anyone know of a company who would be able to do this in the uk?

http://bridalsnob.tumblr.com/post/570877470/purple-and-green-wedding-a-midsummer-nights-tree?&cuid=b23c0079d62be5e13924ef40ab33c4e2

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    SunnyBrownDiamonds138 ·
    • Hide content

They are lovely. Ive found companies wuite expensive to make bespoke designs. I orginally wanted a harry potter map as my invite but had to give up at £5 per invite!! Good luck

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

That's a lovely design but I'm sure you could get something smilar here if you deffo needed them to be based in the UK. I'd contact them and ask how much it would be. They'd be easily posted to you from the US.

I'm having a cheque book style invitation but vertical and the pages staggered to show what's on each page, eh Invitation, Information, Menu. I also provided RSVP cards and envelopes, had a front cover of velum. I designed and produced mine and it was hard work but well worth it. Prob no cheaper in the end because of the equipment I bought but I will sell some of that on, but I found it very very rewarding, however yuo do have to recognise your own limitations and that it takes an age to do - if they are complex in design and structure.

Try local wedding fairs - they usually have local people who do bespoke wedding stationery which is noce as you can get the full package to your spec, but it's not cheap as chips.

Vistaprint could be worth a look as they have great deals and you can create your design either from your own material or by using theirs. Do get someone to proof read your words though - it's amazing what you can miss. I got our invitation to my future SIL's wedding at the weekend - took one look and said - so what time is the wedding? Neither they nor the printer had spotted this rather glaring error - so they're having to be re-done - luckily we got the first one so no real damage done.

• millbankandkent
    millbankandkent ·
    • Hide content

KM329, we can create something similar but we would not blatantly copy another stationer's designs. It may be worth you emailing her (Rice Ink) to see if she will ship to the UK for you. Usually the postage costs are rather steep. An alternative is she emails you the high resolution artwork and allows you to print it, or she give us the permission to print her design.

Good luck, it is a very pretty design she has created.

• millbankandkent
    millbankandkent ·
    • Hide content

KM329, we can create something similar but we would not blatantly copy another stationer's designs. It may be worth you emailing her (Rice Ink) to see if she will ship to the UK for you. Usually the postage costs are rather steep. An alternative is she emails you the high resolution artwork and allows you to print it, or she give us the permission to print her design.

Good luck, it is a very pretty design she has created.

• km329
    Savvy August 2021
    km329 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there and thanks for the reply Smiley smile

there are a few things that I would need to change on the design eg the outer border would need to be navy not light blue, the dog would have to go as well as the fireflys and the flower print would need to be in keeping with the navy, yellow and ivory colour scheme.

Im reluctant to order from the US and have also looked into cost, not only for the items we would need printing but also to *** and it would cost a small fortune.

If I was to supply what it is I need in terms of numbers for invites, RSVP etc, would you be able to give a quote for this?

• millbankandkent
    millbankandkent ·
    • Hide content

Hi KM329, Yes, send me an email via our website and we can discuss from there.

• km329
    Savvy August 2021
    km329 ·
    • Hide content

Just emailed you matey Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics