Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sparkles1984
Beginner

Invitation Glue dots

sparkles1984, 4 March, 2010 at 20:01 Posted on Planning 0 5

I am making my own invitations and they are pocket fold ones, what can I use to keep them shut, I was thinking of velcro dots but is there anything else I could use and where can I get them from?

5 replies

Latest activity by TheCakeNinja, 5 March, 2010 at 16:13
  • Handcrafted HIB
    Handcrafted HIB ·
    • Hide content

You could use velcro dots as you have suggested or you could use clear seals to seal the pocketfold wedding invitations. An alternative suggestion is to have a wax seal stamp made to make your own wax seal or you could make a square/circle layered card embellishment and use glue dots to seal. I hope all goes Ok with making your own invitations.

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

I used a little square of card with 'Invitation' text and a little swirl and to glue it down I just used a little double sided tape - it does mean that the card gets torn when the pocket is open but I didn't really worry about that (I saw people trying to open it really carefully but that doesn't really work). It was the cheapest option for me as I used these materials for the invite and didn't have to buy another item especially for that.

• M
    MsCheerful ·
    • Hide content

You can get 'peel and stick' self adhesive wedding seals that look like a wax seal. I've seen them really cheap on eBay

x

• crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
    crafty em ·
    • Hide content

I use velcro dots on my pocket folds, not the same make as handcrafted recommended, but they are much of a sameness, if you want a few to try out, happy to pop some in the post if you email me your address.

hth

Em

• sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls, are they quite thick as in its going to stand out against the card or are they quite flat?

Thanks crafty, email me on *************@*******.**.** where do you get yours from?

• TheCakeNinja
    TheCakeNinja ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah, I use the repositionable type glue dots. This way the card doesnt get damaged when theyre opened ? you should be able to buy them easily enough, try smiths or staples or failing that good old e bay. You get quite a lot in a pack too and very reasonably priced.

Hope that helps

Andrea x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics