Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lisaanne
Beginner April 2012

Invitation info sheet

lisaanne, 15 of December of 2011 at 21:39 Posted on Planning 0 8

I'm putting together my invitations over Christmas and wondered if everyone could give me ideas of what we need to include on our info sheets.

I've got gift list arrangements and RSVP date/ways to RSVP but then I drew a blank!

Help appeciated!

8 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 12:31
  • sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Places near by to stay

maps

taxi numbers?

venue details...

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

Hotels or/and taxi number

Maps/directions

Veggie option choice

err and now I can't think either ?

• D
    Beginner May 2012
    dlees81 ·
    • Hide content

I included a brief description of how we plan the day to go so people know what to expect foodwise etc. and can plan the rest of their day accordingly.

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

I was going to say ...

map/directions

places to stay

any extra info like if you aren't inviting children and feel it necessary to point out that the invite is for the people written on it only etc

or any requirements dress code wise

i know you will have put the time on the invite but you may need to put something about what time they need to be there for...depends whether you have allowed for this on your invite for example if your invite states the ceremony starts at .... then in the extra info you may need to put what time they need to make sure they are there for if that makes sense...

a website for the venue maybe (that way they can look up things like if they can park/stay over night/has disabled access etc) saves you writing all of it down!

if you are telling people to RSVP in various ways then you could ask people to request a song with their reply!

thats all i can think of haha Smiley smile x

• lisaanne
    Beginner April 2012
    lisaanne ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm about to do the first draft haha!. I'm rubbish at wording things and least looking forward to the gifts section as we want money, and not keen on doing a poem so will need to ask straight! Going to have a gift list too in case people really want to get us something.

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    Celtic B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are doing this too honeymoon contribution but a short gift list as well for those who prefer. That way we (hopefully) wont offend anyone but will get what we want too!!!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

The easiest thing is to create a free website and just include the www address on your invitations. That's what we've done. If people don't have access to the internet, they can just contact us for further information.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We had a small square folded book inside our pockets which was titled "The Details".

Within this was a page of directions called "Finding Your Way", including those from the station and taxi numbers.

Next page was for hotel information entitled "Where can we stay?"

Theobalds Park DeVere Hotel
    There is beautiful accommodation around the courtyard of the Ridings Barn at Theobalds Park. Rooms are available at a special discounted rate of £68.00 per room, bed & breakfast, for guests at our wedding. Additional discounts also apply for multiple night stays. If you would like to make a reservation please call **** 375 and quote booking reference xxxxx for the xxxxx/xxxxx wedding in the Ridings Barn.
    When should we check in?
    Check in is available from 2pm. We would suggest that you check in during the reception drinks or wait until after the wedding breakfast.
    Whilst we would love for everyone to stay and join us for our first breakfast as Mr & Mrs the next day, we understand that this will not always be possible. There are alternative hotels in the area just a short drive away.

The back page was a Q&A of sorts entitled "Celebrate with Us" which covered the following

Is confetti allowed?
    Confetti is allowed at the church but it must be biodegradable.
    What time should I arrive?
    The ceremony is due to start at 12.30pm, we ask that you arrive in time to be seated by 12.15pm. There will be photos in the Abbey gardens immediately after the ceremony (weather permitting!) before moving on to the reception.
    Should I eat beforehand?
    We will not be sitting down to the wedding breakfast until late afternoon so if you are anything like Mr C you may want a hearty breakfast!
    Can we bring children?
    Due to limited numbers at the reception venue, we are only able to invite the children of family members and those with newborn babies under 6 months.
    Is there a dress code?
    We don’t have a dress code as such; just wear your glad rags and make sure you have your dancing shoes on!
    Do you have a gift list?
    We have already set up a beautiful home together and so we have gift vouchers available from our travel agent which will go towards our honeymoon of a lifetime! Gift vouchers are available by calling xxxxx xxx xxx and quoting our reference number xxxxxxx.

We also included a map...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics