Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria

Invitation Information.

Shay, 24 of May of 2023 at 20:56 Posted on Planning 0 11
I was wondering? I’m playing around with templates and I was thinking what is an absolute must on an invitation before they send their RSVP?
We recently received one that had no information about RSVP dates or contacts, so I assume it’s easy to just get excited and forget.

So far I have got….Bride and groom invite you Named guestsvenue date and time.Please rsvp by (…) to (…)We have arranged transport to and from the venue please let us know if you need a seat on the bus Pick up and drop off times included on invite Adults only wedding (I will write it kinder than that)
When they RSVP I thought I could reply with a thank you and tell them it is a formal wear wedding and a cash only bar? And if they didn’t need a seat there is a car park at the church and the venue.
Please tell me your thoughts or what you did/going to do. I have got plenty of time but I enjoy playing around with these things.
Many thanks as always.

11 replies

Latest activity by Melissa, 26 of May of 2023 at 18:47
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Sorry if my post seems jumbled up. I’m not sure why it’s posted that way.
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    The only thing I would suggest adding to your list is your dress code. If you are asking for formal wear then that is more than some guests would expect so they may need to buy a new outfit and it's helpful for them to know that before they commit to a RSVP.
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Perfect. Thank you Hayley. I never thought of mentioning this before on an invite but our venue is outside and the photos recently the guests have been very very causal. White trainers, jeans. Maybe the couple requested this but I thought it would be best for us to mention somewhere. Thank you.
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you just want people to avoid casual trainers and jeans then maybe formal is not the right word to use. When I saw you said formal, I thought you wanted evening wear so long dresses and full 3 piece suits, possibly even tuxedo.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I would suggest the invite contains the main detai - be ue, date and time and RSVP deadline and how to rsvo

We then had a info sheet we wrote ith all other info as it can make the invite look busy and likely peoplr may miss the crucial info. We had a page on our website with it on as well but also gave our email for any questions
  • Laura
    Dedicated July 2023 Cambridgeshire
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    We included what you have (except dress code because we aren't specificying that), and also recommended places to stay. We asked them to RSVP with details of any dietary requests too and then we've just responded with meal choices by email taking into account any dietary info they gave us.
  • Laura
    Dedicated July 2023 Cambridgeshire
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    We had a two sided one page invitation with main info about what, when and where on one side and travel/accommodation/dietary on the back
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a good point! Although I do not mind that at all, it would make sense. It doesn’t have to be floor length gowns etc.
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, I agree. Not all crammed on the same page.
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good idea. See, things are easily missed. Thank you so much for your reply.
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    We did paperless invites. The invite itself just had time, date, place, rsvp deadline, and then a couple of welcoming sentences covering: excited to celebrate/named guests/adults only event.

Underneath our invite if you scrolled down we had a webpage, and that had “building blocks” of all our other info. We had everything on there then: outline of the schedule, accommodation options, getting there, parking, taxi info, bar info, dress code, registry link and a photo gallery.
    We used a company called Paperless Post, and I was so happy with it, after pulling my hair out for a month trying to figure out how to do invites/website in the same theme and with ease for our guests to navigate - and not ask me a million questions 🙈

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics