Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner June 2012

Invitation printing

Rachel2709, 30 December, 2011 at 19:51 Posted on Planning 0 7

I'm currently trying to find a local/national printer who is happy to print our own design, at a reasonable cost and high quality. Has anyone had their self-designed invitations printed professionally? Can you give me any advice as this is proving to be my main sticking-point with my wedding prep! xxx

7 replies

Latest activity by lisaanne, 1 January, 2012 at 14:37
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Where are you based? Have you tried contacting some local printers to ask? They should also be able to advise you on design spec etc.

Vistaprint is also a good option although I find it a bit restrictive for things designed entirely by myself rather than using their templates (their image upload tool can be a bit temperamental). But, that said, you can get some really good deals on there.

I have a printer friend who printed, trimmed and collated my invites that I designed so I'm sure you'll be able to get it sorted.

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

I do graphic design for work so designed my invites using Quark (I think). I used www.stressfreeprint.com for the print and was really happy with the service. I got a proper printed proof plus they did a versioning service which was useful for the day and evening invites, which were the same bar one sentence. This was good as it kept the price down.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's really good to know Striped one. Ta!

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Rachel2709 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry - important info ommitted! I'm based in Oxfordshire. I spent yesterday eve emailing local printers so hope to hear back next week. I just find their websites aren't very inspiring - they're all very business-looking and don't include many samples of pretty printing!

I'm sure you're right and one of them will work out. I'm just feeling a bit frustrated that I've been so organised with everything else and left sourcing a printer until so late on!

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Rachel2709 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks - they look really good! The versioning sounds a good option. I was planning on doing folded invites for the day and just flat ones for the eve but I might have to be more flexible!

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

I haven't printed wedding invitations but we use a little local printers for all of our invitations (christenings, birthdays, our engagement party, etc. I like to make my own!) and he's just a guy in a little stall with a good printer and nice card. His prints have always come out really good quality and he charges 50p an invite. No website or advertising or anything, he's just there. Have a look around locally, you might find someone similar.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I used PDA card & craft in Nottingham for our invites. I did all the dealings via email & the phone & they worked out great. I didnt have a specific design for them, but did have maps, layout etc for them to work from.

I wanted pocketfolds & they had the largest range of cards, papers, styles I found anywhere.

• lisaanne
    Beginner April 2012
    lisaanne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've ordered all our card and inserts from PDA and am just going to print the inserts on our home printer, but it is only one colour and a simple design. I hope it will look ok, never thought of getting them properly printed!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics