Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Invitation question - thoughts please

22 of February of 2015 at 20:12 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi all,

I'm just finalising the text for my day invitations. Our ceremony begins at 2.30pm but I don't want people arriving at 2.30pm as I'm walking down the aisle so wondering if I should put 2pm on them instead... What do you think? Is this a no-brainer...?!!!!

12 replies

Latest activity by Nims, 23 of February of 2015 at 21:39
  • Cupcake26
    Beginner August 2015
    Cupcake26 ·
    • Hide content

People will know to arrive earlier so leave it at 2.30pm xXx

• N
    Beginner July 2015
    Norby-dagget ·
    • Hide content

My wedding planner at our venue told us to tell people on our invites to come half an hour Earlier, hope that helps. :-)

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

We are putting the time of the wedding (3pm) then at the bottom of that page putting please arrive by 2:30.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

We got married at 1:30 and I put 1pm for a 1:30 ceremony

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    squid2015 ·
    • Hide content

My wedding is at 2.30pm as well. I am putting "please arrive by 2.10pm so you can be seated in time for the arrival of the bridal party"

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I think we put it 15mins earlier in the invite- there were still guests late though!

If you put 2pm on the invite, you will have some guests arrive at 1:30, then have to wait around an hour.

I'd put 'Guests to be seated by 2:15pm. Ceremony starting at 2:30pm'

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Don't lie to your guests and say it starts earlier than it really does, otherwise some people will arrive really early and get pissed off waiting around. But putting "Please arrive to be seated by 2.15 for a 2.30 ceremony" or whatever is fine.

And seriously, if people are late, it's their problem and not yours. Don't stress out about it on the day!

• E
    Beginner August 2015
    Emm1983 ·
    • Hide content

I was told by the venue to have guest arrive at 1.30 for a 2.30 ceromeny. That seemed to early so I've put 2.00. I didn't think to put that the ceremony is at 2.30 but to be honest I have a few friends who are terrible at time keeping so if they think it starts at 2 they might actually arrive before me.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

We put the time of the wedding down and no-one arrived after me or even at the same time as me. Of course, I was 20 minutes late so that probably helped!!! Having said that, I don't think there were any late arrivals anyway. People do understand that weddings are meant to start on time these days so are usually punctual.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

We put 'please arrive at 1.30pm for the 2pm ceremony'

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

Our ceremony is at 3.30pm but we are putting 3pm - Arrival/Ceremony so that people will arrive a little early or on time. We are right in the middle of town so there's plenty of shops to visit if anybody arrives too early. If I was a guest, I would much rather be early for a wedding and wait around, then be late.

• Nims
    Beginner July 2015
    Nims ·
    • Hide content

Mine's at midday. We put 12pm on the actual invitation, but in the information card under the heading 'order of the day' it says: "The ceremony begins promptly at 12; please arrive by 11.45am."

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics