Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2014

Invitation wording

Helybel, 18 of September of 2013 at 20:07 Posted on Planning 0 11

We're just in the process of having ordering our invitations. Am having trouble with engaging brain on the evening invitation wording- has anyone mentioned food etc in them? I think most people assume there is food at these things but should I say? Don't want them having their tea beforehand! Also, on the day invites, has anyone bothered writing directions in? Everyone is going to look the venue up on the internet anyway probably, and I've put the full address in the invite for satnav users.

11 replies

Latest activity by *J9*, 19 of September of 2013 at 09:09
  • AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I've just directed everyone to the wedding website and put all the info on there x

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

We'll be mentioning food in ours, not sure on exact wording yet but will be explaining there's some grub available just so they know Smiley smile
    We might just put in a little extra card with address or something, most people are ok at finding places alright I think unless they're travelling a really good distance. Should be fine putting full address in, think some people print off little maps and put them in but might be wrong on that, and might not be necessary for you Smiley smile

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I put the bare bones in the email (place date time) and the wedding website. On the site I put the full itinerary of the day, as well as outlining the food options. Put directions on there too.

• H
    Beginner May 2014
    Helybel ·
    • Hide content

Ok, I don't have a wedding website. Is that a common thing now? And is it easy as my technological skills are limited Smiley smile

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't have one either so no idea but seen loads of people talking about them so think they are popular!
    Think i'm living in the stone ages with this sort of thing ? Might give it a go but no idea where to start or what to put on it haha!

Sorry most unhelpful post ever haha!

• H
    Beginner May 2014
    Helybel ·
    • Hide content

It sounds great though doesn't it! Ah glad it isn't just me that's unfamiliar with this stuff Smiley smile

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Yeah it does sound good, might give it a google and see what I can find haha! If I get anywhere i'll keep you informed Smiley smile

• H
    Beginner May 2014
    Helybel ·
    • Hide content

Smiley smile thank you!! X

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

I had no website, gave no directions and for the evening didn't mention food- people still turned up and ate stuff- must have been a miracle! Smiley winking

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

^^^^ LOL! Smiley laugh

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

If your place is tricky to find, or has a postcode which SatNav doesn't perfectly locate, then directions can still be helpful. I went to one wedding out in the countryside where the invitations stated that using a Satnav would leave you in the middle of a field rather than at the venue!

We had no parking at our venue so our instructions to guests told them that and gave information about public transport/park & ride to get there.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

We're mentioning food but only to get people to have a big breakfast as there'll be a bit of a wait for the wedding breakfast. Our ceremony is at 1pm and meal won't be til 3/3:30ish. Don't want people to skip breakfast or anything then be starving and passing out! Or getting really hammered on an empty stomach!

We will be putting directions in too - mainly for the older ones that are coming that might not have sat nav etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics