Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayleigh
Rockstar October 2023 Bristol

Invitations

Kayleigh, 1 of June of 2021 at 19:11 Posted on Planning 2 8
Do you give invites to your parents, bridal party, groomsmen?

I'm unsure whether this is common practice or if as they are obviously already coming you don't need to? X

8 replies

Latest activity by Marcie, 21 of June of 2021 at 21:13
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    We plan to. It’s polite and also it’s something people like to receive, and some like to keep it. My parents still have my brothers’ save the date from years ago on the fridge!
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    I have as it’s a nice keepsake. Also knowing half the people I’ve invited, having it printed will remind them and stop them from texting me each week asking the time Smiley smile

Also if your inviting partners who aren’t involved in the wedding party, it then gives them the information. Our best man’s girlfriend would have no idea if we hadn’t given them an invite as he’s rubbish at telling anyone anything
  • Kayleigh
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhh, yeah see I didn't think of that, just kind of assumed the involved parties would inform their spouses /children 😅 x
  • MrsW
    Dedicated May 2022 South West London
    MrsW ·
    • Hide content
    I know what you mean, seems a bit pointless but I know my mum and sister and his mum will want one to keep!
  • N
    Dedicated May 2022 Somerset
    Nathalie ·
    • Hide content
    I think it’s helpful, esp if you have additional information on it - also a nice keepsake if you’re doing physical ones. We’re planning on doing virtual ones, for environmental and cost reasons, and because they can be dynamically updated with information as needed (and include RSVPs) so will include the wedding party in the invites
  • Kayleigh
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    I didn't even know save the dates were a thing 😅 how long before invites do you send them out? X
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    We are and I’ve had invites when I’ve been a bridesmaid

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics