Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bethan
Savvy July 2023 Staffordshire

Invitations

Bethan, 17 of May of 2022 at 08:16 Posted on Planning 0 22
Am I putting too much effort into our invitations?
I've been looking around for a couple of days, have found some beautiful ones online - but when you add everything up, it comes to shy of £275 😲
I know its the first impression of the wedding but I can't justify the cost!
Has anyone got any experience of certain suppliers of making your own? (UK)

22 replies

Latest activity by Chloe, 1 of June of 2022 at 21:36
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I'm no wear near printing stage, but I've been creating my own design on Canva for free! They look great, if I do say so myself Smiley xd There's a choice of paper for printing and at the most expensive option it comes to £52 for 50 double-sided invites plus RSVP cards - bargain!

I went super cheap on Save The Dates - bought a bunch of postcards from the town we're getting married in and it cost me about £20.

I honestly think that invites are a great place to cut costs. I know if you get a nice one it's all "oooh fancy" when it arrives but ultimately, except maybe your grandma's, they're just going in the bin and will in no way be the most memorable thing at your wedding.

• Bethan
    Savvy July 2023 Staffordshire
    Bethan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Invitations 1
    These are the ones that we've found online so have fell in love with those!
    I've found a template set on Etsy for about £25 which includes everything you need - looking towards those too!
    Why is it so hard? 🥺
  • Anonbride
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Invitations 2

Everything in the wedding world is so beautiful that's what makes it so hard! It's a real test of will power to remind yourself what your budget is and what your priorities to spend it on are. I constantly ask myself what I'm willing to cut back on if I get tempted by something that's over budget and it helps me decided if it's worth it.

If it helps this is what I've managed to mock up - still tinkering with it, as I have ages, but hope it helps show you the kinds of thing you can do on Canva Smiley smile

(Blocked out the exact date out of wedding crashers paranoia haha)

• Hannah
    Dedicated September 2023 South West London
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content

Hey Bethan!

I'm Hannah the community manager at hitched.co.uk!

We've got some fab, customisable designs on our website so well worth a look and a play around! And you can also get all the matching on the day stationery too - such as seating plans, guestbooks etc.

Let me know if you have any questions at all! And I'd be happy to help

Hannah Smiley heart

• Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

I looked on Vistaprint for some save the date magnets and it came to under £30 for 50 good sized magnets, they have lots of different designs that you can personalise as well. I also noticed they have matching invitations that are obviously bigger and not magnetic but they were really cost effective as well, I think they came to around £1 each invite. It completely depends on what you want but if you can afford them, go for the ones you like!!

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

We used Canva to design for free and then sent them as an e-Vite as we wanted a sustainable option, and also found it much easier to manage RSVP through the website or email. It takes a while to get everyones email addresses but same as getting actual addresses. I get it is not for everyone, and if you did want to print then you can get the Canva design printed through various sites for way cheaper than you are looking at as others have said.

for save the dates, take a look at Etsy, there are so many choices and most are a pound or so each and you can get magnetic ones which are cute.

• Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    We did e-vites too - they was free and eco-friendly so was a relatively easy decision for us. We made a pdf on canva and then emailed it out with links to our website (where all the details for the day are) and for rsvp/menu choices etc.We did print a handful of them for grandparents etc but only postcard sized single pages so the cost was minimal. We were also then able to amend the invite to send to evening guests.
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    Lots of choice on various sites such as vistaprint and Etsy. We used Vistaprint for both save the date and the actual invites. They cost approx £60 for 50 for both (so prob £100-120 in total ) including the envelopes I think. I am really happy with the quality and the service. We needed to post ours as have a couple of elderly relatives without internet so also need to factor in the cost of stamps- I sent second class though lol
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Don’t forget the time of your service Chloe! Just noticed it wasn’t on there. I know you have ages to go but don’t want it to get missed 👍🏻
  • Katy
    Beginner June 2032 Inverclyde
    Katy ·
    • Hide content
    Don’t forget the time of your service Chloe just noticed it wasn’t on there I know you have ages to go but don’t want it to get missed
  • K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

I used a lady called Jayne who has a business on Facebook called The Place Card Place. She hand makes the invites and they are beautiful. I went for a pocket fold invite with multiple inserts, a belly band with a heart diamante on the front, envelopes and wax seals. For 70 of these it came to £160 but she gave me a discount as its a large order and I will be ordering my table number and place cards from her later down the line. So I ended up paying £125.

The quality of her items is exceptional and she has consultations with you whilst she designs them, so you can ask for fonts and wording to be changed if you want. I can't recommend her enough Smiley smile

• A
    Savvy November 2022 Leicestershire
    Amanda ·
    • Hide content
    We are also looking at invitations at the moment. My main thing it to keep it simple but I’m really keen to make sure whatever we do is sustainable.

I found a small company called littlegreenpapershop which has some lovely standard options and a lot of different eco friendly paper you can use (we are going with a recycled cotton option that includes corn!). The samples are lovely so whilst it’s not cheap I’m happy to be supporting a small sustainable business rather than creating more paper waste.
    For save the dates we were really not fussed and just sent them out via WhatsApp using a little image we created to cut costs here.
  • Anonbride
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh there's a whole order of the service on the back with timings! Just didn't share that bit Smiley xd

• Michelle
    Savvy June 2023 Worcestershire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Hiya

We haven't done our invites yet but have done our save the dates and managed to get them under £40 for the lot
    All I did was order a template off etsy (they have some lovely styles) then I got them printed on digitalprinting.co.uk
    You can order a wedding sample pack off there with all the different paper types etc so you can see the quality in advance of ordering
    We were really please so will be doing the same for our invites when the time comes
    Xx
  • Emily
    Dedicated February 2023 Hertfordshire
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    We've just ordered save the dates from Occasions by Rebecca. Got the proof last night and v happy. Very reasonably priced and pretty. We are being quite mindful of budget and as said before, you want everything to be nice, but in the end, they will end up in the recycle bin!!! X
  • Sonia
    Beginner December 2022 West Yorkshire
    Sonia ·
    • Hide content

We too are intending on sending e-vites. I found a perfect template on Etsy and have customised it to suit our theme. Whilst I understand that some guests will always prefer a physical invite, the majority of our guests, I'm sure, will love the uniqueness of the e-vite.

Prior to e-vites, we will shortly be sending out our digital Save The Dates. I'm so far from tech-savvy, its untrue but these have been simple to design so I'm more than happy to use our wedding budget elsewhere! x

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

We got ours done via Hitched.

Your quote does sound extremely expensive unless you are getting 100s done!

• K
    Beginner August 2022 Cheshire
    Karlad22 ·
    • Hide content
    I made my own 🙂 went on a website called Greetings Island which has lots of different templates (many are free), designed the wedding invite, evening reception and rsvp saved them to computer and printed at home. They have lots of different fonts to choose from and colour of text etc and they were really easy to do! I got a pack of thicker cream coloured paper and matching envelopes from Hobbycraft which cost me a couple of pounds. Everyone thought I had them done professionally!
  • Michelle
    Savvy June 2023 Greater Manchester
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I had mine done on ebay there gorgeous with craft envelopes and wedding wish cost around 30.00 for evening doing same for day with rsvps I sealed the enveloped with matching diamante and tied ribbon round into a bow they look really sweet quality card too and colour and font .. saving money dosnt always mean they're going to look wrong I love mine n money saved towards favours x cards n envelopes personalised were 4.99 per pack of 10 and wedding wishes 15.00 for 70 matching.
  • Michelle
    Savvy June 2023 Greater Manchester
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Invitations 3
    Wedding invites
  • Chantelle
    Beginner September 2022 North Yorkshire
    Chantelle ·
    • Hide content
    Come and have a look at Made by C&C and give us a message, we can talk through costings and options
  • C
    Beginner August 2023 Herefordshire
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content

Hey!

I also made my own, I just designed them on Canva & printed them on Canva. The quality is really high and then we've used handmade wax stamp seals which have made them look expensive! We've done a website, so can combine our save the date & invitations.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics