Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

far2calm
Beginner May 2012

Invitations - Sizzix Big Shot Machine

far2calm, 31 October, 2011 at 19:08 Posted on Planning 0 3

Once again I'm here ranting about my stationery. Girl at work has kindly let me have the use of her Sizzix Big Shot Machine but thats it, no plates or die cuts or embossing. So I'm not sure what I need to buy. Can anyone help cause I just seem to be going around in circles?

Thanks

x x x

3 replies

Latest activity by ATB, 1 November, 2011 at 15:27
  • V
    Beginner August 2013
    Victoria030384 ·
    • Hide content

You need to first decide what you want it to do. Do you want it to emboss paper with a design such as hearts, dots or flowers in which case you need to buy an embossing folder. If you want it to cut die cuts then you need to buy the specific die. You will also probably need plates to roll it though but i am not totally sure as i have a cuttlebug not a sissix so it might be different. Anything you need look on ebay - its much cheaper! You can always sell it on afterwards.

• far2calm
    Beginner May 2012
    far2calm ·
    • Hide content

I've been looking at the demo's on youtube. They are so clever, so much potential. But really I think I just want to emboss, found an ebossing folder I like but cant seem to find all the others bits to make the 'sandwhich'.

The whole stationery thing is turning me into Bridezilla! eek!

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

I have one of these!! Hobbycraft should have the 'sandwhich' thing your talking about. I broke my mums one, so i had to buy a new one. I'm using a snowflake embossing folder to make my orders of service!!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

You will need cutting plates (even if you are embossing) and a multi use platform which will enable you to cut and emboss things. You can get single use platforms but the multi use is best (and about the same price)

When you buy an embossing folder, the bit of paper of goes inside the embossing folder, the folder goes in between the two clear plates, then this "sandwitch" goes on top of the relevent page on the multi use platform.

Has your friend given you the machine or just a loan? If she has loaned it, does she not have the plates/platform already too?

I agree with someone that they will have resale value. Cutting Edge Crafts or Craft Superstore online, or ebay, you will be able to buy them there.

Just give me a shout if I can help any more!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics