Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2013

invitations - wording

chelsey-leigh, 9 of February of 2012 at 17:04 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 2

hi does anyone have any ideas on how i can invite someone to my wedding when its going to be abroad? how do i word it that they dont feel pressurised?

thanks

2 replies

Latest activity by adelly, 3 of April of 2012 at 12:33
  • Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I worded mine as per a normal invite, but i included an information sheet explaining the approx cost and we would like the guests to be there with us however understand if it is to much and they simply couldnt make it and that there would be a party back home. I still wanted a normal style invitation but still wanted abit where they could find out more information on the destination and also explained it would be fine if they couldnt make it so there is no pressue for them ? Hope this helps

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    Mrsbeevers2b ·
    • Hide content

Hey

We've decied to go abroad too, and I'm just starting to look at getting the invitations organised for when we can book it.

I know what you mean about people feeling pressurised cos we have had the dilemma of whether to send invites to elderly relatives (will they feel left out if they dont get one/guilty cos they can't come). We've decided to send them to everyone anyway so they can see it.

I'm thinking of wording it like a normal invitation, but with something on the RSVP saying we would love it if you can make it, but don't worry if not we will send details of the small party we will be having after at a later date - clearly that wording isn't very good and I will come up with something better but that will be the jist of it lol. I'm also going to include an insert with alternitive accomodation of varying prices in the same resort area as us. I'm going for pocket fold invitations cos they have enough space for all the extra things you need for a wedding abroad. They can be quite pricey but Ebay seems a good place to find reasonably priced ones, or make savings by getting the DIY ones that you assemble youreself. We're keeping costs of invites down like this, plus I'm only sending out about 30 invites.

Hope this helps!! Good luck with the wedding planning!!

• adelly
    Beginner April 2012
    adelly ·
    • Hide content

We made a wedding website for our Vegas wedding before we sent the invites out. This had a welcome page explaining we were going abroad and how much we'd love everyone to make it but of course no pressure. We put loads of info about the cost of flights, different hotels for all budgets, getting VISAs, what there is to do in Vegas and said to have a read through as it might help people in making a decision. We also made a page explaining we don't expect any wedding gifts, we are just happy that they are coming to the wedding, but how a lot of people had asked us what we want so we were able to put a link to our Gift List so that people could choose for themselves.

It has just been a good way of communicating with everyone all in one go.

We then sent normal wedding invitations out and added the website address for further information.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics