Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner October 2018

Invitations wording and format etc.

HappyBrownDecor18059, 22 of April of 2018 at 14:43 Posted on Planning 0 3

This may be a silly question, but I've been looking at a lot of templates for wedding invitations, online and on various wedding and stationery websites, and none of them seem to actually have space for the guests' names... for example they say "[Bride] and [Groom] request the honour of your presence at their marriage on XX date at XX place"... So I was wondering what other people have done.. do you use that sort of wording and then handwrite the guests' names on the back? Or do you word it slightly differently?

Also do we need to mention in the invitations the fact that there will be a cash bar at the evening do?

3 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveBlueHair717, 1 of May of 2018 at 22:02
  • R
    Beginner November 2019
    RomanticGoldHair34068 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Smiley smile

We are nowhere near invitation time so I can't help on the first bit. In terms of the cash bar, is it cash only or can guests use their cards. If it's strictly cash only I would definitely let guests know that.

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on wording it something like this:

Bride & Groom would like to invite: XXX to their wedding at ... on ...

I'm making ours myself, and keeping them quite informal. I'll be printing out the main words and then leaving a gap to handwrite the names of the guests.

My friend who is getting married this year did very informal invites, with no guest names on, so I guess it's not essential, and can keep printing & time costs down, but I think it's a nice personal touch to have names.

I would definitely mention that it is a cash bar.

• PreservedRoses
    PreservedRoses ·
    • Hide content

Wow Vow have some really awesome wedding invitation wording templates which include a space to put the guests' names on them.

https://www.wowvow.co.uk/wedding-invitation-wording/

• E
    Beginner July 2018
    ExpensiveBlueHair717 ·
    • Hide content

We did 'together with their families xxxx and xxxx happily request the pleasure of the company of (guest names) to help them celebrate their wedding.'

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics