What are your thoughts?
Tia xx

8 replies

Latest activity by Shanell, 2 of November of 2022 at 04:05
  • R
    Savvy November 2022 Norfolk
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content

Hi Smiley smile I personally sent physical ones, but I can definitely see the pros of sending digital ones. I'd be super happy to receive a digital one.

I actually received an invite to a wedding recently via text and just wanted to offer some advice. Basically, if you're going to text them, I would make it really really 150% obvious that A) it IS THE invite - I wasn't clear and thought they were sending me a sample for an opinion on! and B) that it's clear who the invite is addressed to. To this day, I have no idea if partners/families are invited to this wedding I was invited to by text.

Hope it all goes well!! xx

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

We designed invites on Canva to include all the detail and then sent by email. We had one for day invites and one for evening, so it was clear what part they were invited to. We included the names of who was invited on the email and signposted everyone to our website where we had separate pages for the day and evening which held all the info. I found it much easier, and our guests also preferred it as it made it easier to RSVP and have the info in one place rather than lots of paper. It was quicker and easier to manage replies and allowed people to respond more easily as we all forget to reply by post as like gets busy, so much easier to click and accept. It was also more sustainable, which is something we are passionate about, weddings use so many single use items, so we really tried to reduce this.

• L
    Dedicated September 2023 Derbyshire
    Lizzie ·
    • Hide content
    We're going to do a mix, mostly because some of my family aren't online! It'll be... interesting I'm sure, but something we'll just gave to contend with.
    Current thinking is sending a message to everyone we want to invite, asking for an email and/or physical address so we can send the invitation.
    Stamps are another issue as they're very expensive nowadays, but we're making our own invites using a template from Etsy so I'm hoping that will help. I've had a digital invite before but not text.
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I can see the environmental appeal of digital... but I'd definitely lose either a text or email invite! Text will disappear so far up your chat and email could well wind up in junk or lost amongst the hords of spam or something. Whereas something through my letter box is definitely going up on the fridge!

If you're definitely going digitial, I'd echo Ruth's comments which are really valid reasons to avoid the text - I think if I got a text I'd assume (a) I was being asked for a design opinion as Ruth did or (b) I was a last minute invitee because loads of people declined and the couple had run out of invites to physically send me. Definitely agree with making it super clear who's invited and also super clear how to RSPV - do you want an email (or text) back, do you have an RSPV slip you want filled out, etc.

• Richard
    Dedicated May 2022 Berkshire
    Richard ·
    • Hide content
    Mates got digital versions while family members got a hard copy
  • Heidi
    Beginner June 2023 Hampshire
    Heidi ·
    • Hide content
    I am Definitely an advocate for digital!! I saw someone reply above about loosing a digital version… but wow I’ve lost so many paper invites in a draw somewhere or whatever but even in a chat you can search or just scroll and it’s always going to be there!

It’s way better for the environment, cheaper for you and easier to RSVP to, can still look nice, I created a little video for ours with date and venue etc and a link to a webiste with all the rest of the information on it. I actually had quite a few compliments from guests on how much of a good idea it was rather than sending out paper ones.

If you need to you can still send a small amount of physical invites to people who may not be so digital savvy such as grandparents etc.
    But really just do whatever is right for you and what you prefer there is definitely no right or wrong way and try not to let other peoples opinions influence how you’d like to do things too much Smiley smile it’s your wedding after all x
  • Hannah
    Beginner January 2023 South East London
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content
    Did a website on wix and sent it out via WhatsApp (save the dates had been on WhatsApp too). Had a few people react a bit funny, mainly family - that was until I told them how much paper invites might cost and asked them if they’d prefer I spend it on food and drink or on cardboard…

I put a card in the post for my Nan (literally can’t access the internet) and that was it! Most people understood it was their invite (I phrased the text with the link to the website like an invitation basically). We’ve had pretty much no problems with it, would highly recommend if you want to save yourself the time and money, so don’t let anyone discourage you from doing it Smiley smile
  • S
    Beginner December 2022 St George's
    Shanell ·
    • Hide content
    I just sent out e-invites and used the website to RSVP. Way cheaper for me. Sent a WhatsApp message stating that this is a wedding invitation blah blah. Gave a video recording on how to go about the RSVP. For people that weren't so tech savvy, either their kids did it or I just told them to let me know and I will confirm for them. Stated that only names that show up when searched are invited. Went pretty smoothly for me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics