Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

endsor
Beginner September 2012

Invite wording - ceremony and eve do but not wedding breakfast!

endsor, 22 July, 2012 at 11:55 Posted on Planning 0 5

Morning all!

Bit of a query. We are having a relatively small wedding breakfast with just the closest friends and family there. However, there are some people that we wouldn't mind coming along to the ceremony - but not the breakfast (due to finances)...how do I say this in the invite?!?! I have a list of places nearby to get food, etc. Just not sure how to say that you can come along to the ceremony, but you have to feed yourself Smiley atonished

Suggestions please?

Thanks!!

5 replies

Latest activity by chloe_chloe, 22 July, 2012 at 19:36
  • M
    Beginner July 2013
    midlandsbride2013 ·
    • Hide content

I would make it clear that the invite is for the evening, but then put in a line saying something like ' if you would also like to join us for the ceremony, it will be at ..............'

We will be wanting to do something similar ourselves so may well take ideas off here too!

• Buckinghams
    Buckinghams ·
    • Hide content

A broad idea might be:

"We are pleased to invite you to be present at our wedding ceremony on ……………………… at……..

After the ceremony the bride and groom will be departing to attend a private family wedding breakfast (or 'luncheon' if you prefer) however we would be delighted if you would join us again for our evening reception starting at ….. pm at …….. "

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did something similar. I put on our info sheet that all guests would be welcome at the church, and we did have a few extras I think

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content

Write the invitation as just an evening thing, but put after the details that they are welcome to join you at the ceremony, just make sure you write from 2-4pm, or whatever the times will be, so they see a definite gap between the ceremony finishing and the evening starting x

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

We had an evening invite with the time of 7:30 clearly stated on it, then underneath it said 'All evening guests are very welcome to join us for the wedding ceremony at XXX for 1pm'. HTH.

• C
    Beginner August 2012
    chloe_chloe ·
    • Hide content

I agree it´s best to phrase it as an evening invitation (with the time). Then put (either on an info sheet or below) that they are welcome to attend the ceremony from x to y pm. You could perhaps add, for extra clarity, that regrettably you are unable to accommodate them at the wedding breakfast.

If you put details of the ceremony first, I think it´s more likely people will confuse it for a day invitation.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics