Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Invited to Hen party but not the wedding

8 April, 2012 at 17:19 Posted on Planning 0 8

I am having a very small wedding ceremony and reception due to the venue being the entrance of a National Trust property. I am only allowed 60 guests if I want an aisle and most of those are the Waltonesque family of my OH and all the children of his siblings, mostly now in their 20s. I have a few female friends that I do go on nights out with and a few work collegues I drink with and have invited them to the hen party but not the wedding. Was wondering if anyone else had done this, that was having a smaller ceremony.

They don't expect to be invited to the day as they know that I am having a small wedding ceremony and then having the big event as the evening party.

8 replies

Latest activity by ESW, 9 April, 2012 at 09:52
  • Macca87
    Beginner August 2012
    Macca87 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm not necessarily having a small wedding but we both have a very large family so most of my friends on the hen night (im going with 14) are just coming to the evening reception. They are all aware and are happy as they know the situation xx

• J
    Beginner October 2012
    jenniekinloch ·
    • Hide content

I too am having a small ceremony of 50 and as some of "my" friends aren't necessarily "our" friends have invited them only to the hen do and not the wedding. At the end of the day if they're true friends they will understand. Enjoy!

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

Yes, we're in similar situation. Small wedding (in fact very small 16-18 of us). The girls I have invited on my hen do know this and are happy to come along on the hen anyway. They are all invited to our evening reception though.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I don't consider 50 people to be a 'small' wedding its pretty average number so would feel a bit put out if i was a friend/family member and that was the reason you gave was your having a 'small' wedding but invited me to you hen anyway. just my opinion.

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

actually this depends on your family and OHs family. as i have an immediate family of 25 and OH is 20, and our venue only holds 60, this means only 15 friends are invited, which includes our parents best friends so although its not technically a 'small wedding' it does mean numbers are very tight.

OP - as long as they're going to the dance they'll be fine.

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

Funkyjameseo - We have 62 people coming to the day and only 8 of them are friends and out of these 1 is the best man, 1 is the CBM and there 2 kids!

For my hen night I am inviting poeple that are not invited to the wedding at all for the simple reason of numbers, but they understand but still want to celebrate with me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics