Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk

Invites

Hayley, 30 of August of 2021 at 12:39 Posted on Planning 0 15
Hello all, just wondering how early you're all sending out invites? Thanks.

15 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 5 of September of 2021 at 20:53
  • Keira
    Savvy August 2023 Staffordshire
    Keira ·
    • Hide content
    I'm sending my save the dates 2 years in advance and my official invitations will be 6 to 8 months in advance, as my wedding is in August when alot of people plan holidays and I have family that need to travel to be there etc. I think it is personal preference etc to when you send them.
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Keira. We sent save the dates nearly straight away so maybe 18 months before. Our wedding is early September next year so we're thinking get the invites out in the new year.
  • Sophiehannah
    Savvy June 2023 Cheshire
    Sophiehannah ·
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married in June 2023, we are sending our Save the dates out next week due to alot of our family members go aborad twice a year so this will give them plenty of notice not to book a holiday on our wedding date. Then we will send our invites 8 months before x
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Sophie. Seems we are on the right lines with sending them in January 😊
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I am sending them 4 months before with a 4 week RSVP time. This gives you time to chase before you have to do final numbers for venue etc but also I hope is less chance of people dropping out last minute by not sending then too early

• L
    Dedicated April 2023 Kent
    Ladybird1088 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married April 2023, sent our Save the Dates in May 2021 and will send the invites out 8 months in advance with 3 months to RSVP, which gives me enough time to change my numbers with the venue without being charged x

• B
    Beginner July 2022 Greater Manchester
    Bee ·
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married July 2022 but as it’s a ‘destination’ wedding (well Isle of Man) most of our guests will be coming from the uk so we wanted to give them plenty of time to put plans in place, book hotels etc
  • B
    Beginner July 2022 Greater Manchester
    Bee ·
    • Hide content
    Sorry forgot to add before I pressed send that we sent ours out a few weeks ago, so around 12 months before the actual wedding
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    Great, thank you all. Think I will stick to January so about 8 months. I was thinking 3 months for the RSVP date so plenty of time to confirm numbers with suppliers etc.
  • K
    Curious October 2022 Caerphilly
    Kalee ·
    • Hide content
    I sent my save the dates 14 months in advance and will be sending the invites about 6 months in advance
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you.

I've read about 4 months in some advice books but that does not feel long enough.
  • K
    Curious October 2022 Caerphilly
    Kalee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah it feels too short for me too. With family from out of town having to get accommodation and possibly time off work I want to give everyone as much notice as I can. Also it give you more time to work out seating and chase up anyone who doesn't RSVP straight away.
  • J
    Curious June 2022 Merseyside
    Jennifer ·
    • Hide content

We sent our save the dates 11 months in advance as soon as we set the date. Most websites I’ve looked at say send your invites 6 weeks before your wedding but that is far too late for me! So ours will go out around 12 weeks before the wedding.

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Absolutely
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow 6 weeks would be crazy.