Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious June 2023 Worcestershire

Invites

Sarah, 22 of September of 2021 at 15:09 Posted on Planning 0 1

Forgive me, I have only been to one wedding and that was my sisters so don't think I was sent an official invite....

On the individual invitations does each one have to be addressed to the person(s) names or just put the names on the envelopes.

I am creating my own invitations similar to the below template that just states

Mine & partners name together with their families invite you to celebrate their marriage.

Do I have to put the guests name somewhere here too or just on the envelope? Smiley atonished

1 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 22 of September of 2021 at 15:46
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I would put the full names on the actual invite, especially if you are not having kids or partners. this way there is no ambiguity over who exactly is invited.

In terms of your wording, i have put some examples below, as it does depend on who is paying as to how you word it.

Traditionally if your parents are paying then it should be something like:

Mr & Mrs (parents surname) request the pleasure of your company at the marriage of their daughter (brides first name) to (grooms full name).

If both sets of parents are jointly paying something like the below:

Mr & Mrs (Brides parents surname) & Mr & Mrs (Grooms parents surname) request the honour of your presence at the marriage of their children (brides first name) and (grooms surname)

If you want it less formal then just put their first names rather than Mr &Mrs, also easier if parents are separated or re married

If you are hosting and paying then the invite should be from you and your groom, so something like:

(Bride Name} and (Groom Name) invite you to share in their wedding

Lastly if you and the parents are hosting jointly you could have:

(Bride Name} and (Groom Name), along with their parents request the Honour of your presence at their wedding

sorry is so long, but hopefully it helps!

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I would as then you know your numbers for catering etc. Have you set up a website on here? We are managing all our RSVP's through the website as is easier for guests than sending back in post and you to then see who has replied so easily.

Tkaws a while to upload all the names in to the relevant lists but is worth it as you can assign seating plans quickly and remove people who decline and add people in. You could put your website addewss on your invites and your email so if they don't do it and email confirmation you can easily go in and accept for them

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics