Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner April 2012

Invites ** FLASH **

woohoooo, 17 February, 2011 at 20:05 Posted on Planning 0 21

Here are my invites and save the dates. Sorry about the quality - i took the photos on my phone and then put them all together on the computer. The save the date is the smaller card at the top. The colour hasn't come out too well either - the cars are amethyst with pearl white paper.

What do you think? Honest opinions please! Suggestions welcome ...

x

21 replies

Latest activity by woohoooo, 17 February, 2011 at 22:55
  • avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
  • looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

I love your pocket fold invitations ! I want pocket fold But I only want to pay about £2 per invite and all the ones I've seen are about £4 Smiley sad , I've seen nice wallet style invites which I'll probably go for instead .

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They look great!

Are you looking to make these yourself? If yes then try PDA Card and Craft for the pocketfolds, they are really reasonably priced! x

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

Mrs c - I had a look on PDA craft but it still added up to more than £2.50 maybe I'm just being really fussy , but I was trying to find a nice red Rose emblishment and the only one I found was on a site for trade only and I think the embellishment was 90p each so decided that I wasn't likely save money doing it myself!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really? Mine came in at around £1.20 per invite for a pocketfold, card for the inserts and envelopes (RSVP and main)??

• W
    Beginner April 2012
    woohoooo ·
    • Hide content

I made these with cards from PDA Cards and Crafts. I bought creased cards and then stuck on the pocketfold bit (bought separately) - I had to do this because I wanted the ribbon to go underneath. The ribbons are from a company called Jaycotts. I'm pretty pleased with them - and they haven't cost me that much ... probably between £1 and £1.50. Why don't you have a go at making invites?

x

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

I'll have another look before I order the wallet ones I've seen. What size did you guys order? And did you get PDA to print for you?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had 140x140 pocketfolds, I ordered A4 card to print the inserts which I then cut to size, 150x150 and 100x100 ready to make envelopes.

I printed it all on my home printer.

(Sorry for thread hijacking!!)

• Chez2k
    Beginner October 2010
    Chez2k ·
    • Hide content

They are lovely. Like the colours.

• W
    Beginner April 2012
    woohoooo ·
    • Hide content

I used 144 x 144mm for the invites and 120 x 120mm for the save the dates. I printed on a laser printer - you can print on pearlescent paper with a laser printer or a photocopier. Do you have access to one at work ?? I just made the printed bit in word with a text box, a font downloaded off the net and a graphic behind that i had downloaded. I think that bit looks pretty professional!

x

• C
    Beginner March 2011
    clarem1986 ·
    • Hide content

Honest opinion...I bloody love them!! xx

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys for your help, Sorry woohooo, feels like I'm taking over your post, but whenever I see lovely pocketfold invites I think "I want them" my alternative would be this. But i'm going to go away and try and see if I can get my pocketfolds one more time. I slighty worry that I'm not creative or crafty enough to do them by myself though! But if I don't try I will always wonder!!!

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    Lu_Duth ·
    • Hide content

They are beautiful!

how did you get the 'Wedding@ writing on? was that stamped or printed on?

lovely anyway! really professional looking x

• W
    Beginner April 2012
    woohoooo ·
    • Hide content

I just wrote the 'wedding' text on the front with a silver pen. £2.35 from PDA Card and Craft!!! The only thing is that it's going to take me ages to make these as the writing and the sticking takes a while. Although, I don't need to send the save the dates until April, and then the invites at about xmas time, so I have some time to fill before then!!!

Thanks for all of the nice comments - I just wanted to check that other people would like them!

x

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

Woohooo I apologise in advance but I'm going to end up asking you loads of questions!

1. When you order the pocket fold base, do they get deliverded with the 3 pocket sections on the left, or do you have to "make " the pockets?

2. did you buy the pink card behind the insert seperately on PDA too?

3. Where did you download the image for the back ground? And What is your background of?

• Snuggle-bum
    Beginner July 2011
    Snuggle-bum ·
    • Hide content

I think these are really nice you must be so pleased Smiley smile

• KEBO Jewellery
    KEBO Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Wow, they are amazing and I can't believe you wrote 'Wedding' on the front in free hand, it looks foiled!!

• W
    Beginner April 2012
    woohoooo ·
    • Hide content

Hi looneysh, don't worry about all the questions ... I only found out about the pocketfold stuff from these forums. I ordered a normal card, and the pocket part which I just double-sided cellotaped on. Then, just out of normal A4 card, I cut out the three bits (Travel Info, General Info and RSVP cards) and stuck the white sheet on with the writing. The pink is just paper (as its thinner and only there for colour) and I got that from PDA too - it's the shade fuchsia. I downloaded the image via google images - I just searched 'swirl' and trawled until I found what I wanted! This is the image ...

x

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your invites are fab. Can I ask what font you used and where you downloaded it from?

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

Great thanks...I'll let you know how I get on lol!

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

I ordered a6 pocketfolds from PDA with A4 sheets of card cut to size for the inserts (1 sheet per invite it worked out about). All I had to do was fold the bits and glue!

• W
    Beginner April 2012
    woohoooo ·
    • Hide content

The font is called 'Parisian'. I googled free fonts, so am not sure where I got it from. I am sure if you google something like 'free font parisian' you'll find it. I hope you do!

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics