Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

VikingPrincess
Beginner December 2011

Invites wording when reception is at the same location as ceremony - help!

VikingPrincess, 2 January, 2011 at 00:53 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi all,

As it says above -how do you word it?

All the samples I have read say "...to celebrate their marriage at xx:xx, on xx xxx xxxx, at XXXXXXXXXXXX followed by a reception at XXXXXXXX" or similar.

Would you say "Followed by a reception at the same venue"? I dunno, sounds a bit... wrong?? LOL - my OH is laughing, saying that he can't believe I can't word something... considering I am a former journalist currently working as a Communications manager for a bank LOL!!! I mean wording stuff is what I do for a living hehehehe!

I'd be much obliged for some help, especially examples of what other brides who are having the reception at the same place as the ceremony have used.

Many thanks, and HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011!

VP xxx

10 replies

Latest activity by BumbleBrat, 2 January, 2011 at 13:27
  • Treacle76
    Beginner February 2012
    Treacle76 ·
    • Hide content

I've only done a draft of the invite at the moment but the wording I've used is:

"L & D request the pleasure of your company at their marriage at XXX on Saturday 4th February 2012 at 2 o’clock, and afterwards for a reception".

Not sure if this is he exact wording I'll use but something along those lines! Hope that helps x

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

We put "To be followed by a reception at [name of venue]". If you're not to keen on that idea, a friend of mine got married last year and her invites said "To be followed by a reception in [name of room]" It worked for her as it was a stately home/hotel, the ceremony was in the Oak Room with the meal in the Library.

My invites:

HTH

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi VP.

How's things?

I usually say

at

xxxxxxxxxxx

on the xxth xxxxxx 2011

at xx:xx

Reception will follow shortly after.

Nat

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

The last wedding I went to worded it like this:

"xxxx and xxxx request the pleasure of your company for their marriage and reception at xxxxxx."

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, all!

Every one a very good one. Now I can't choose LOL. I like the idea of the room name for reception, although I intended to put that in the Guest Info on the website.

Nat - regarding above i was thinking we could print the website details somewhere on the invite, near the RSVP or something? (Seeing as the website also has a section for online RSVPs)?

Speaking of invites, wording, RSVPs: we are getting married so close to Xmas, I was thinking to send the invites a bit earlier than the customary 8 weeks. Would it be too early to send them around mis-September? And what date would you ask guests to RSVP by?

Thanks, VP xx

• N
    Beginner April 2011
    nat2683 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Here is the wording I used, I put the web address for the wedding website and password (more website info is on the guest information sheet) "opposite" the RSVP. So the RSVP is in the botton right hand corner and website details bottom left of the invitation. I think its good to hve the website on the info sheet, that way if guests loose the info sheet they can still see all the details.

Formatting doesnt come out right but here's what I mean below:

at Down Hall Country House Hotel, Bishops Stortford, Herts, CM22 7AS on BLANK 2011 at 3 o’clock followed by a Reception. Carriages at half past midnight.

http://BLANK.weddingpath.co.uk by 31st January 2011 password: BLANK
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Stuff convention. Especially as you're so close to christmas people need to know way, way more than 8 weeks in advance because they'll be working out christmas shopping, office parties, school nativity etc and other important things to sort out.

We sent ours out a year in advance, rsvp 6 months in advance, and so far everyone has been grateful for the notice particularly as many will be travelling some distance.

Personally I have no idea where this silly 8 weeks thing came from, like most people there's every chance I'd already have a commitment on if I received an invite that late.

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

AJ, I agree. I think the 8 weeks thing was way before, when it used to be easy for people to take holidays! At the bank where I work, Christmas time off is agreed separately from your normal holidays, due to staffing levels (whether you work in a branch or HQ, doesn't matter). I've known people having trouble taking time off for their OWN wedding!!! My OH has issues with his employer, Sainsbury's plc, with the length of time he wants off for his own wedding!!! Bless him he only asked for 2 weeks in total! GRRR!

We have sent the Save the Dates already last week, so people have 11 months' notice of the date already, and like you say, they have been very grateful of the notice because many are travelling from down south, or even USA, Romania and Norway.

I was only asking about the invites as my OH said to send them in June-July but i thought it may be TOO early and people will forget to RSVP or things may change for guests in 6 months! They may say yes in july but by November something may have cropped up...

I will probably send them at the beginning of September at the latest....

• N
    Beginner August 2011
    Noodle2Be ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married in August and plan on sending ours at the end of March, with RSVPs due at the end of May, as we have to give food options to the hotel by the end of June, so need time to chase them up. Personally I dont think that June/July is too early as you can but the RSVP date for the end of August and then that gives you time to chase up. People plans may change, but most people if they have made a commitment to come to wedding, will come.

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, Nat! Ooops forgot the carriages bit!

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

Our wedding is the end of November and I've asked for people to RSVP by the start of October so that I have more than enough time if people send them late (Which they prob will).

Invites will go out probably July time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics