Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Curious November 2023 Derbyshire

Is 12 months too little to plan?!

Cr, 11 of March of 2023 at 20:51

Posted on Planning 36

Hi all! I am very newly engaged but my partner and I are keen for a Spring 2023 wedding. However, upon reviewing a lot of the forums here and knowing couples in similar situations, I feel like most wedding now take about 2 years to plan! Can anyone give me any confidence that a small wedding (no...
Hi all! I am very newly engaged but my partner and I are keen for a Spring 2023 wedding. However, upon reviewing a lot of the forums here and knowing couples in similar situations, I feel like most wedding now take about 2 years to plan! Can anyone give me any confidence that a small wedding (no more than 50 guests total!) is doable in 12 months? Has anyone done this? We've seen a venue we absolutely love and hope to book it soon!

36 replies

• Valentina
    Beginner October 2023 Grad Sofiya
    Valentina ·
    • Hide content

More than doable as long as the venue is available. We got engaged in October 22, booked the wedding venue in January and the wedding is in October this year. Smiley smile so about 9 months to plan it and tbh we haven't done anything for a few weeks now 😅 (110 people)

• Robert
    Beginner May 2024 Cambridgeshire
    Robert ·
    • Hide content
    We are getting married in May 2024 so I think yes you can plan your wedding for the spring 2024 .Hope your planning goes very well
  • Lisa
    Beginner December 2023 Durham
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, congratulations on your engagement! My fiance and I only got engaged at Christmas, we planned on 2 years until wedding but have actually booked for this December. We've just had 2 weeks off work and have got so much of the organising done now. If you can be a little bit flexible you can achieve most things it would seem. Good luck! x
  • C
    Beginner September 2023 Essex
    Caroline ·
    • Hide content
    No not at all, we're getting married in September & only really booked our venue with around 12 months to go. Everything has gone well so far & everyone has/had good availability in terms of suppliers. You'll be absolutely fine!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics