Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner July 2010

Is 12 o clock too early??

hellsbells78, 6 June, 2009 at 16:24 Posted on Planning 0 9

Am having a little stress...the church is booked for 12..but then someone said to me that was too early for me and my 3 bms to have hair and make up done?.

Has anyone else out there got married at 12?? Hairdresser not an issue as we have two for the day who have said they will get in as early as we need them but just having a little panic as the make up lady has said 40 mins per BM! Wanted 12 as wanted to make the most of the day but now am having doubts..all I get from H2B is can we talk about it after the football!!

Any advice gratefully received!!

9 replies

Latest activity by Goldfishbowl, 6 June, 2009 at 20:46
  • sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

Im planning on getting married at 1 but then im only having 3 BM and 1 flowergirl.

Hmmm depends how complicated the BM make up and that is for it to take 40 mins.

• H
    Beginner July 2010
    hellsbells78 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Sarah...just sitting down trying to work out all the timings is a little bit confusing!! Am a teacher as well so should be able to plan timings!! Its just doing my head in!!

• sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

Same here with the job, although I havent even thought that far ahead yet.

My hairdresser said oh you should have your hair all ready by 12, im thinking I want it done asap as its a 30 min car ride to my venue, lol.

Im sure you will manage though!

• K_Jackson_In_Waiting
    Beginner July 2011
    K_Jackson_In_Waiting ·
    • Hide content

Whilst one bridesmaid is having her makeup done tho another can be having hair done so it'll equal out a bit i would have thought. sorry i cant be of more help than that, the whole timing of the day confuses me as well

• gerbera14
    Beginner July 2009
    gerbera14 ·
    • Hide content

Our ceremony is at 12.30 and I have 4 bridesmaids! I like you wanted to make the most of the whole day, my hairdresser is also doing my mum's hair, but so far neither the make up lady or the hairdresser has said anything about the times. Just have to get up extra early I guess!

• Bridget Gump
    Bridget Gump ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in church at 12pm too. I'm also getting ready at my mum's which is 45 minutes away (giving it an hour to be on safe side). The hairdressers and make-up lady are arriving at 7.30-8. So it is an early start, but my problem with moving it to 13.00 or 14.00 is fitting everything in after, this way we make the most of the day.

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

You'll have plenty of time. I got married at 11am. We even went to the hairdressers to have ours done (no one came to us).

It worked out great for us as by 1.30pm everyone was sat down ready for food. We did it this way because we went on our honeymoon that same evening.

What else do you plan on doing? You'll probably be up about 8am with excitement, if not earlier.

Unless your venue is a 2 hour drive away i really wouldn't worry.

• H
    Beginner July 2010
    hellsbells78 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much. Feel a bit calmer now!! The venue is only 15 mins away so no long drive to the church!! I think you are right Spring.. will be up with the lark.. am one of those folks who cant sleep at Christmas let alone my wedding.

Glad there are other people having an all dayer! Just wanted to fill the day! I dont think I could sit around till 2or3pm waiting! Somebody would kill me!!

• moomin8804
    Beginner July 2009
    moomin8804 ·
    • Hide content

It's not too early as long as everyone is where they should be on time! We're getting married at 11am but i have no bridesmaids!

• Goldfishbowl
    Beginner October 2009
    Goldfishbowl ·
    • Hide content

I too am getting married at midday and wanted to make the most of the day. I also have 3 bridesmaids and a flower girl.

I am going to the hairdressers, which is just around the corner from where I am getting ready, with my Mum. And then we have a friend who is doing the bridesmaid's hair. Still looking for a makeup person though, but not at all worried about fitting it all in.

It will work out, it has too!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics