Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

panda2011
Beginner September 2011

Is a pink dress a bit Katie Price?

panda2011, 8 November, 2010 at 22:21 Posted on Planning 0 15

I'm a very girly girl & pink is very much my colour. I really love the idea of getting married in a very pale pink but my biggest concern is if I'm going to look like Barbie or like Katie Price in that awful thing she married Peter Andre in. Would I be safer going for ivory or do you think I should give pink a go? I'm going to order my dress from a landy bride equivalent so I won't have chance to try the exact dress on before I buy ?

15 replies

Latest activity by panda2011, 9 November, 2010 at 20:19
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

What about a white/ivory dress but with a pastel pink sash or inset?

• Nolan2B
    Beginner April 2011
    Nolan2B ·
    • Hide content

I'm not keen to be honest! I would also be a bit wary ordering online if you were to do it I would say you deffo need to try some on & try to get colour samples etc from the company before hand.

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

Im getting married in a phil Collins and his pinks are not too garish. Trust me i am not a girlie girl at all so for me to think it is ok then it really must be. Mine is number 8327 cant flash as OH sitting next to me!!

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

My SIL got married in a Pink dress, it was a light pink but very princessey and looked lovely, not at all awful or tacky..

sorry, its only a back shot, didnt want to put SIL face on, but dont know how to show photo while blocking her face?

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

Monkey Mavis, (a hitcher) wore a gorgeous Maggie Victoriana in blush pink, it was stunning, and I was lucky enough to get to photograph the wedding and Encore session later in the year. I can post the link to the blog on request, or you can follow the link in my signature. Definately not Katie Price looking at all, very classy and stunning dress and bride. On the blog it was the wedding of Claire and Darrell. It is one of the featured weddings on the main website as well.

Just avoid the 'Glenda the good witch' tiara, and I think it's fine.

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

I think it very much depends on the dress and how its done. Also the shade of pink. Pale pink can look stunning in right way.

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

I'm generally not a fan of coloured dresses but I agree with Teri, Monkey Mavis's dress was stunning. It was a sort of vintagey pink I'd say so not 'in your face' at all.

I've got some guest snaps on my Real Brides page http://www.louloubelle.co.uk/real_brides.html but check out Teri's blog as obviously the photos will be much better!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

no no no no no!! u wont!!! i had the same thouht as you but thought sod it, its my day, ive wanted a pink drss for xyz years so i went outand bought one Smiley laugh its pale pink but pink none the less!!

Theres a pic kicking around here somewhere, but il dig it out f u want?! i found mine on the offchance in a shop, but thewomen said that pink drsses ae very rare!

• JonCraven
    JonCraven ·
    • Hide content

I think subtle pink is the way to go TBH, if you turn up in "hot pink" you'll know what everyone will think!

I've shot a couple of lovely weddings where the Bride is in a light pink and the flowers match (many men look great with pink button holes)

Hope that helps!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

IMO it all depends on the colour - for example I think it could look hugely tacky if your talking Barbie pink, but I am assuming your thinking a nice light pink!

I think Flowmojo's dress is gorgeous - just the right pink!

My SIL(2B) and Brother were away on hol and saw a bride in pink which was gorgeous and she has been saying she will choose a pink once since. Also saw a few at wedding fayres - again if they are done right they are lovely!

• loopyloo80
    Beginner May 2012
    loopyloo80 ·
    • Hide content

Ive just seen the Maggie Sottero Pink ones and wow In love!!!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

NOT TOO PINK!!!!i have an ivory overlay to a pink skirt whihc tones it down (im having the roses removed from the bodice btw!)

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

I really wanted a blush pink dress (hence my name!). I didn't end up having one because the colour scheme of my venue didn't work with pink dresses, but I think there are some beautiful ones out there, that look classy and not Jordan-esque at all! Some of the blush pink dresses are very pale - it's almost more like a pinky white in the same way as ivory is a yellowy-white iyswim - these ones are a good example of that: http://buy.vivastreet.co.uk/clothes+knowle-bs4/stunning-blush-pink-bespoke-wedding-dress-size-8-12-/28396552

http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.showadvert/index-1032381371/c4e1786d.html

That being said, however, I'd be quite reluctant to go that way if I was buying from China/online as I don't know I'd trust they'd get that subtle gradation of colour. I'm not sure whether you're able to order material samples before they make up the dress, but I think I'd want to.

• Tanya77
    Beginner August 2011
    Tanya77 ·
    • Hide content

Go for it! Can't get a picture up of mine at the moment because my computer is dying, but it's pink and I love it. And I don't look like Jordan in it!!! ?

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

If i were you I would go and try some on in shops. You dont have to buy in them, but at least you would have an idea.

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all so much for your comments! The friends I've mentioned pink to have mainly gone 'ugh, Barbie' or 'ugh, katie price' so it's so nice to hear positive comments from people who have seen brides wearing pink. I love the fact that not many ladies get married in pink so it will be fairly unusual ? I always like to be different lol! I received fabric samples yesterday from the chinese manufacturer I'm interested in & I have got my eye on a very pale pink which is basically the pink verson of ivory it's so subtle. They also do a lovely rose pink which is very interesting. I'm going to go & try loads of dresses on over the next few weeks to get a feel for what sort of style & shade works best on me before taking my chances & ordering my chinese dress - leaving myself enough time for a rethink if it all goes pair shaped lol. Thanks everyone for your help ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics