Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner February 2016

Is a wedding video worth it?

BearFeb2016, 11 of October of 2015 at 15:36 Posted on Planning 0 8

My OH is dead set on not having a wedding video, I was feeling the same until I've seen a few friends ones over the last couple of weeks. I'm just not sure if it's worth having one? It seems to be just an additional expense?

What's other peoples thoughts on them?

8 replies

Latest activity by Kriek, 12 of October of 2015 at 20:54
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

If a video was in my budget I would have one. For a smaller budget you could use one of the shoot it yourself companies. Unfortunately it's not in my budget and we are eloping so no guests to film either.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Done properly then yes it is worth it, after the wedding you might regret not having one especially if you see guests videos taken on the day.

Edit to say I videoed a couples first dance and the bride told me it was such a lovely surprise to see it and wished she had hired a videographer for the whole day.

• B
    Beginner October 2015
    BridgetJonesNoLonger ·
    • Hide content

I asked the exact same question a few months ago. I really wasn't sure but then I thought that I would regret it if I didn't as it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I thought that if I never look at it again at least I have it there. Also I want to get my elderly parents on film, as one day they will no longer be with us and it will be something I will cherish.

I had to convince OH too but in the end he realised how important this is to me. It is an extra expense but we have spent so much money already, a little more for such an important life event won't make a huge difference financially but it will emotionally.

Our only condition was that the filming isn't intrusive. I don't want to spoil the moment by recording it. I also don't want guests to feel like they are under a microscope all the time. I looked on the videographers section of 'Hitched' and found a great company called 'Union Videos', they are based in South London. Most videographers have websites so you can have a look at an examples of their work before you commit. They offer a range of packages and we went for the first part of the day, including the ceremony, about 3 hours in total. This is the most important section of the day that I would like captured on film and photo can't capture the words you say when you make your vows. We have a photographer for about 8 hours so I don't want guests to have a camera in their faces all the time. There are also some companies that offer you the opportunity to 'shoot your own' so guests have the chance to use the cameras and capture the day themselves, this means that the costs are lower.

https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-videographers/

I'm glad we've gone for a videographer and as others have said, if your budget allows I'd do it.

Good luck

B xxx

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I record the vows and speeches and the couple get this within their package but I do know what you mean ?

• M
    Beginner April 2017
    MrsJ_ToBe ·
    • Hide content

I'd sort of discounted having a videographer but now I'm torn as well! We are lucky enough to have our engagement on film so now I think about it would be a shame not to have the wedding as well?!

Back to researching Smiley laugh

• BriertonBride
    Beginner June 2016
    BriertonBride ·
    • Hide content

I was unsure to start with but after talking to a few married friends who didn't have one and regretted it I decided to do research and have one. I just think at the end of the day I would rather have it than not have it and think what if! They capture moments a photograph can't and now it is really important to me!

• MagicEdit-Videos
    MagicEdit-Videos ·
    • Hide content

Yes yes yes! Obviously I would say this, but truly it is worth it. Photos are great, but moving film can really bring the memory to life. If you can squeeze it into the budget then definitely do so. Once you've found a videographer you like, get them to talk to your OH and reassure him; Most pro videographers these days aren't too intrusive. If he really is against the idea, then a shoot-it-yourself video might be a good idea (that's what my company offers), and this would also be a cheaper option. Smiley smile

• KinkyBride
    Beginner March 2016
    KinkyBride ·
    • Hide content

I had one of my first wedding and watched it twice in the 6 years we were married lol. I think my man watched her copy much more often though.

Not having one this time.

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

We asked a friend to film ours and he never turned up on the day. I really regret not hiring a professional.

Family stepped in and filmed bits and pieces for us but the quality is rubbish compared to what we could have had.

It's a great to have to show any future children/grandchildren/ nieces/nephews etc. I have a copy of my grandparent's wedding video and it's really lovely thing to look back on - even just the 5-10 minutes highlights.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics