Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SaSaSi
Beginner July 2012

Is anybody else totally scunndered??

SaSaSi, 26 May, 2011 at 16:54 Posted on Planning 0 11

Im totally scunnered / stressed / peeved whatever you want to call it.

Had my hen wkend in Edinburgh wkend past & I had a wonderful time.....but 2 of the girls pulled against me at every turn ie I didnt want to sit in a pub all day long - so some of us went to tour the castle whilst the rest went to pub. Sat nite was great - but I had organised the restaurant & niteclub & it was all pre-paid so everyone had to go along with it if that makes sense.

On the sunday we were all to go to Omni centre, w had passed it on the tour bus the day before & agreed thats what we would do. me & 2 other girls were ready an hr b4 everyone else & were starving so we rang the girls to say we would head on to eat & when they arrived we would sit with them with a drink or a desert. We needed 2 taxi's anyway so shouldnt have been an issue. 2 hrs later the girls hadnt turned up (2 of them my BM's). Rang them 'oh were in this pub, were not coming'. I said well look I want to do a bit of shopping so we'll ring you when were done& met up then. When we met up with them @ 430pm they were eating their dinner. I thought we could have at least ate dinner together considering we hadnt seen each other all day! You could have cut the atmosphere with a knife, I really felt like an outcast.

So we said, look were gonna go get dinner (it was a whetherspoons & their food doesnt do it for me) & when they were done to ring & we could all have a dink together. Nothing from them, rang them & they said they would just see us @ airport.

I just feel like no one made an effort with me (apart from my 2 best friends) & they were just there for a wkend away (including my CBM & other BM).

My CBM has been a narky selfish cow in the last 6 months. She cant stand the fact that im gettin married - she keeps saying 'oh I wish I could do it all again' and making sarky comments ie my friend said @ airport 'our dinner was lovely' CBM 'aye so what, so was my curry'. She didnt speak to me at all on sunday. And shes my cousin. Its so hurtful. On the plane my friend said 'next time your on a plane it'll be your honeymoon' CBM :'im for spain in sept'. Like seriously - you've had your big day !! And she keeps saying how she cant wait for baby no2.

I took the wk off b4 her wedding to help out & really was supportive, not jealous or bitter the way she is with me. Its really gettin me down.

And im just so stressed. Feel like ive still a million things to do.

And people are ringing all the time wanting to call out with presents & I feel that between work, gym & wedding appoints I dont have the free time for these people to call (namely OH family - my friends & family are goin out to my parents house). MILT2 has offered to do absolutely nothing (retired, f all to do all day etc).

Ive totally had it with selfish people & no one being supportive (apart from OH & my parents).

This has turned into a bit of a rant - sorry folks but I just want to scream & hide under the duvet at the moment.

11 replies

Latest activity by a_white_izzy, 26 May, 2011 at 22:04
  • FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

First of all, big internet hugs!!!!

Second of all - ditch the CBM!!!!! I know it's close to your wedding but if she's causing you this much upset when you really don't need it, get rid and ask someone else to step in who can wear her dress. She doesn't deserve the honour if she's being like this

xxx

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Didn't want to read and run but not sure what to say ?

Guess it's too late to swap BMs... Can either of your lovely good friends help you out even though they're not official BMs?

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

I didnt want to read and run but I dont really have anything constructive to say!

It sounds really rubbish the way they treated you on your hen do - but I hope they selfish mares didnt ruin your weekend completely.

xxx

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

Really bad behaviour from them. I know they paid their share of the trip but at the end of the day it's your hen weekend.. not their own holiday. Even if I did go on holiday with friends and it wasn't a hen weekend I'd still not expect to be treated like that.

I think you need to ask them outright why they acted like that or if they were even aware how uncomfortable they made you.

Weirdy internet hugs xxx

• C
    Beginner July 2011
    cassmk2 ·
    • Hide content

Real friends would not have made you feel this way on YOUR hen weekend. Big hugs and hope you get the air cleared as you don't want it spoiling your wedding day

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

I know a couple of the girls weren't bein malicious, they were just goin with the flow but I feel that my CBM was just givin me the 2fingers. They said they weren't payin £14 in2 castle but I bet they spent more than that in the pub. I wasn't expectin anyone to jump to me or lick my a*** but I didn't expect them to be nice & make a bit of a fuss of me. My friend BM booked flights & accomodation, 2nd got the bits for our outfits & CBM didn't do one thing - I swear nothin. She rang me @ work on the fri to ask how we were gettin to airport the next mornin!! I said look I'm at work, ur the BM, u sort it. In the end they ended up gettin a taxi while my dad did a lift. Not my problem!!! She was even sarky with my mum @ their dress fittin the other nite. I just want to shake her & tell her to grow up. its makes me feel like crap. A girl I work with was like 'u don't take crap from people, What's wrong?' But its because she's family & I was CBM on hers I feel my hands are tied &i don't want to rock the boat so close but after wedding she is gettin a very very wide berth. I don't kno how I'll ever forgive her for bein so twisted & mean at such an important time in my life. But she didn't ruin my wkend - I got a honeymoon top & new make up when shoppin & my friends treated me to champagne & a cupcake in Harvey nics. Which I LOVED!! Just totally peeved at the Month, I hope my mood changes soon!!

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

Some people are jealous of others happiness and just can't hide it. I hope the behavior improves and that you don't let it get you down.x

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

That is a very spiteful! Its how you'd expect 14 year old girls to act! If I were you I'd get rid of her. If shes as bad as you say then you don't want her on your wedding photos... you might regret it! Or at least tell your mum to tell her to grow up!

Or failing that, tip a waiter to drop some gravy down her back at the reception ?

• massuch
    Beginner July 2011
    massuch ·
    • Hide content

At least you did have some friends there that seem to really care.

I would have come in the castle with you, I love Edinburgh for all the touristy stuff. Think that was a bit selfish for them to do what THEY wanted to do. As you said it was YOUR hen weekend. x

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

. I'm so glad people don't think I'm bein bridzilla. But honestly, as much as what i'd love to lose the rag & tell her to get lost, there is only a few people who see What's she's doing so I wud look the worst / bridzilla. Mu mum 'nipped' her a few times ie she's very jealous of her sister in law who is wonderful @ everything so mum asked after her n stuff....she really has just sickened me but I'm just not bothering much with her & I'm only seeing her when with the other BM. Honestly if I spoke to her i'd end up looking the worst in the world. I think she pissed because she hasn't seen my dress - but none of my BM's have. Mum syays that her mum has always been the same (my mum SIL). I'm just gonna bite My tongue, have as little to do with her as possible & enjoy my big day _ because if she's as jealous as this now knowing nothing, wait till she sees everything we've worked so hard at for the last 2.5yrs.

• a_white_izzy
    Beginner September 2011
    a_white_izzy ·
    • Hide content

You know what, I can't say anything to you that anybody else hasn't that she's let you down, but I see what your saying about not wanting to cause issues but sacking her off because although to you what she has done is completely out of order (and I agree totally) other people may think you are overreacting. I actually got rid of 2 bridesmaids for things recently but it was within a massive family fall out Imy OH sister and brothers gf) and we no longer speak to them at all and their families arn't coming to the wedding. So its a big deal and not something which you would want to do lightly.

So sorry you have had to go through this though, why do weddings bring out so much nastyness in people?! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics