Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2014

Is anybody planning to wear their wedding shoes again??

Helybel, 12 of September of 2013 at 12:57 Posted on Planning 0 26

Just trying to decide which shoes to go for. I'd like a nice pair, ones that maybe I could wear again. It's such a shame to just put them away forever (I love shoes!)

1. So first question, for those of you having/who had a lace dress, what shoes did you pick? Are lace covered shoes and a lace dress too much?

2. Has anyone gone for satin with the intention of dying it afterwards?

3. How many of you are having ivory shoes?

4. How much did you/will you spend?

5. Is anyone having shoe clips? I'd never seen these before but am seeing them on quite a few websites, think they could be nice to make a plain shoe more weddingy

26 replies

Latest activity by cath4512, 14 of September of 2013 at 08:46
  • miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

These are my pretty shoes...

1) I am having lace on my dress but personally thought lace shoes as well might be a bit much..

2) I aren't really a fan of satin shoe so didn't consider the dying option.

3) As you can see I didn't go for ivory, I wanted something a bit different specially as I am having a tea length dress and they will be on show ;-)

4) Mine are an old Irregular Choice design so got them off eBay brand new for just £29.99, very pleased as they are RRP £59.99!

5) Although I am not having them, I am a big fan of shoe clips, you can get some really pretty ones and like you said they can make a plain shoe a bit more special ;-)

• Longtimecoming
    Beginner August 2013
    Longtimecoming ·
    • Hide content

My dress wasn't lace but I did have bow shoe clips Smiley smile

The orginal plan was to dye then navy and have them as my something blue but they only turned up the night before my wedding

I will definately wear my shoes again perhaps at a xmas party or something

The shoes were £55 and the shoe clips were £30 for the pair

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I'm just having a pair of ivory satin peep toe ballet pumps (I'm v tall and don't need extra height). They've got a bit of sparkle but tbh I doubt anyone will even see my shoes. They were only £17.50 so I'm not even bothered if they get ruined and I never wear them again.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I've worn them quite a few times but they weren't ivory bridal shoes. They're ditched now. ?

These were them: http://www.jimmychoo.com/en/uk/evening/lace/invt/247lacegfa/

• OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content

My husband wears his quite often. They were £250 though so I'm glad he's getting his money's worth!

I will wear mine again when I get the right opportunity, but they are purple so not really very 'weddingy'.

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

Personally, I don't think lace shoes and a lace dress is too much if it's a long dress. Possibly if it's a tea length though.

Not going for satin or ivory, my dress is more white than ivory and would be a pain to match so going for silver.

I've got a budget of £3-600 for my shoes, they're my wedding gift from OH and he's expecting me to splash out. I love shoes so will definitely be wearing them lots after the wedding. Another reason why I won't be going for white or ivory shoes, so I can get a lot of wear out of them.

These, potentially are my shoes -

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

1. I am having a lace dress and it didn't occur to me to have lace shoes. Thinking about it, it may be too much.

2. Didn't think about satin shoes as they are not my favourite, but my friend did and they turned out really well.

3. I am, but I didn't mean too. I just found mine and loved them!

4. £60, but the first ones I loved were twice that. I would have kept them if they fitted.

5. I'm not, only because they don't need it. But I was originally looking for some suede vintage looking plain heels to add shoe clips to. Etsy have loads and I think that add a lot!

These are mine (any excuse) and I plan to wear them again and again!

• F
    Beginner February 2014
    Follies123 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WOW in love!

• Rosco298
    Beginner February 2014
    Rosco298 ·
    • Hide content

These are mine. They are a bit more gold in real life.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I will, i love them! and they're not Ivory, again irregular choice. a discontinued line, very rare. i blew £50 on them but I WANTED THEM. I would be wearing the dasm things now if i could.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Major shoe envy! These are lush!!

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEN11212 ·
    • Hide content

I had a lace dress and ended up wtih two pairs of shoes. The gold pair I bought with the full intention of wearing them again and I have done. They were £150. The second pair were ivory and I knew I would never wear them again. They were £60.

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

I haven't bought my shoes specifically for the wedding, I've actually already worn them a couple of times. I love them so much though that I'll be wearing them on the day.

please note bunnies are of significance. :p

1. So first question, for those of you having/who had a lace dress, what shoes did you pick? I'm having above, my dress has lace Smiley smile

2. Has anyone gone for satin with the intention of dying it afterwards? nope/

3. How many of you are having ivory shoes? not me.

4. How much did you/will you spend? £85

5. Is anyone having shoe clips? No.

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

These are my two favourites, I wouldn't dye either but I'd consider adding shoe clips to the lace one. I would wear both again, especially the satin ones. I wouldn't pay more than around £50.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

1. So first question, for those of you having/who had a lace dress, what shoes did you pick? Are lace covered shoes and a lace dress too much?

Yes I think it will.

2. Has anyone gone for satin with the intention of dying it afterwards?

nope

3. How many of you are having ivory shoes?

I am yet to see a nice pair- most are scary looking. Why on earth on your wedding day do people match thier shoes to thier dress? That doesn't happen in normal everyday life??!

£20

5. Is anyone having shoe clips? I'd never seen these before but am seeing them on quite a few websites, think they could be nice to make a plain shoe more weddingy

Just buy nice shoes in the first place and you wont need too.

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sam12345 ·
    • Hide content

These are mine, they are rainbow club so I plan on having them dyed afterwards so I can wear them again and again. They were £50 on sale from Elegant Shoes x

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    TiggerStacy ·
    • Hide content

I am having a lace dress but with a winter wedding I didn't want white or satin shoes as they could be ruined within moments if its wet etc. I have instead opted for a lovely pair a patient leather shoes in a pale pink colour, they look great with jeans so I am intending on using them afterwards ? they cost me £85 in the sale from HoF x

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I originally ordered my shoes just because I liked them and thought they'd look nice with my skinny jeans on a night out. The day after I bought them I went wedding dress shopping and just happened to find a dress to match my shoes. About the millionth time I've flashed them but I do love them.

• Sparkly Momma
    Beginner November 2013
    Sparkly Momma ·
    • Hide content

These are mine http://www.girlsofelegance.co.uk/

I wanted a designer pair but didn't find any that were quite what I wanted. Instead I picked these up for £25 which will do for the day and will buy myself a special pair as a wedding gift to myself!!! My BMs are in dusky pink which isn't really a shoe colour I would wear and I didn't want a random colour.

• missmandymoo
    Beginner August 2014
    missmandymoo ·
    • Hide content

Yep I have a lace dress and I am planning on wearing mint green court shoes that will match my bridesmaid dresses. I'm in the process of speaking to somebody about customising them. Yeah I think lace covered shoes might be too much, although if you have a long dress, it will be covered anyway.

Approximately £30 and the shoes and £80 on the customisation

I'm not having shoes clip but the lady doing my shoes will be making them for my 3 bridesmaid

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

Mine were ivory satin with aurora borealis crystals round the edge, and I loved them. They don't really look like they are exclusively wedding shoes.

I have worn them several times now, to a couple of other weddings where I wore a coloured dress but with ivory accessories.

• G
    Beginner September 2013
    Gbell ·
    • Hide content

My shoes were expensive, and chances are i might never wear them again, but the minute i saw these i new i had to have them. i figured if i bought something else i woulid always wish i had got these. they are a wide fit too, which meant all the difference to me as i have massive feet for a woman. the owner of the company, Km, was fantastic to deal with too. i may find some other time to wear them.... christmas maybe, or even save them for future generations. they also do knee high versions if that's something you want

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

My dress was lace but the lace petered out as it flowed downwards so I didn't think lace shoes were OTT and they're actually quite subtle. I only liked 2 pairs of shoes, one was a pair of Diane Hassall for £225 and the other was BHS for £45. So I went with the latter!

They're ivory and I'll never wear them again, in fact I must pop them up for sale. Thanks for the reminder Smiley smile

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I have a lace dress and am wearing these;

but also have these from my legal ceremony last month as a late night back up;

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

Edit;

And yes I will be wearing the Irregular Choice again otherwise I will lose them to a daughter!

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    cath4512 ·
    • Hide content

I will be wearing mine again. My dress is short at the front & long at the back so they will be on show. I'm not keen on satin shoes so never thought about dying them. I love the shoe clips though.

I am getting my shoes this weekend. So far my faves are Kurt Geiger Grind....so sparkly Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics