Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Penny P
Beginner March 2014

Is anyone esle fed up with wedding planning?

Penny P, 26 of September of 2013 at 09:45 Posted on Planning 0 9

I am SO fed and stressed up with planning our wedding. I wake thinking about it and struggle to get to sleep at night because my mind won't switch off.

The church, venue, minister, registrar are all booked. The catering is pretty much organised (just waiting to finalise menus). My transport is sorted.I have my dress, bridesmaid dresses are arriving the beginning of next month, H2B has his suit.

But there is still so much to do! Flower girl dress, usher and best man suits, rings, band/DJ, decoration of venue and church, flowers, transport for bridesmaids, invites, photographer, hair and make up, choose music, organise a dog sitter, hen do, cake, honeymoon to be booked....

ARRRGGGHH I just feel like scrapping the lot and eloping! Does anyone else feel this way? ?

9 replies

Latest activity by Penny P, 27 of September of 2013 at 08:11
  • C
    Beginner November 2013
    clareio ·
    • Hide content

You have plenty of time! we stopped completely for about 3 months at a time TWICE.

I am now fed up and cant be bothered to do anything else though and I have 7 weeks to go. Its only little bits though,

finishing table numbers, buying underwear and tights, table plan, getting some hair pins, and sorting some bags for my bridesmaids.

Oh and finding something to get OH as a present

• Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content

Looks like our venue might be a no-no now too, just to add to the stress! So we may have to go back to the drawing board. ?

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I get this alot, so I hear ya.

try taking a planning holiday and banned wedding talk at home for one evening a week to give you breathing room. It could help Smiley smile

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

Relaxxxxxx!!! you have 5 months right? Out of the list of things to-do you mentioned, I would get a move on and book your photographer, band/DJ, and maybe honeymoon, if you're going straight after the wedding. Everything else can wait until much nearer the time!

I'm a smug bride-to-be and have found the planning a piece of p*ss, I'm naturally organised so I don't know if that's why, but I haven't found it hard at all!

• ducks in a row
    Beginner June 2014
    ducks in a row ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting fed up with myself as I tend to get obsessive about things until they're booked/bought. In the first few months after being engaged- obsessed about venues- then obsessed about shoes (oddly enough it was very quick and easy finding my dress), trawled through like a million photographer websites and it all seems a blur. I probably need a wedding planning holiday but I just can't stop until its all done!!

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    Chamchick ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting fed up with myself as I tend to get obsessive about things until they're booked/bought. In the first few months after being engaged- obsessed about venues- then obsessed about shoes (oddly enough it was very quick and easy finding my dress), trawled through like a million photographer websites and it all seems a blur. I probably need a wedding planning holiday but I just can't stop until its all done!!

Lol, this sounds just like me ;-)

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Jinx!

• R
    Beginner August 2014
    RLB ·
    • Hide content

You aren't the only one getting fed up, it's happening to me too. I'm currently wondering if I can just pop down Tesco the morning of the wedding, buy some flowers, and just tie a ribbon round them. My brother suggested he can do my hair to save me sorting a hairdresser - his skills stretch to ponytails!

I've got too far through the planning to elope, but I have jokingly told my mum that she might get a phone call one night to say 'meet us at Gretna Green tomorrow at 10am'!

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Yes. I've been on Hitched since 2004, and planned 3 weddings, plus my parents wedding.

When it came to actually getting married, we just f**ked off to the register office with 2 witnesses. Simples.

• Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh, you don't know how appealing this sounds right now!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics