Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bringon2010
Beginner May 2010

Is anyone having fresh flowers in thier hair?

bringon2010, 25 March, 2010 at 11:49 Posted on Planning 0 6

I'm a bit stuck with this one - have always pictured myself with some sort of fresh flowers in my hair (white flowers, really) but I went to a wedding where a girl had 5 white lillies popped in the back of her updo - and my the end of the photographs they were ruined - all crushed from people hugging her.

Any advice on what flowers work best in hair? xxx

6 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 25 March, 2010 at 19:11
  • HorseFan
    Beginner September 2010
    HorseFan ·
    • Hide content

Yes. I am!

The hairdresser I spoke to, said i have to get small 'tight' flowers.

I am have a couple of appointments booked with local florists over easter where i plan to talk to them about this. I want the flowers in my hair to match bouquet. I'm sure they will come up wsome ideas .........

How did they crushed from hugging? Mind i'm 6foot1, people don't get near my head, LOL

• HorseFan
    Beginner September 2010
    HorseFan ·
    • Hide content

OMG. I hadn't realised until i replied to you and saw my ticker that its 6months exactly to go for me. eeek!

• bringon2010
    Beginner May 2010
    bringon2010 ·
    • Hide content

Lol!

She's a wee tot of a lady - just 5 foot tall - 1 hug from Great Uncle Bob and it was all over!!! :-) x

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

My MIL2B wants two pink carnations in her hair (random, I know). I spoke to my florist and she's going to get them fixed onto a wire which her hairdresser will then grip into place. Carnations are really hardy flowers, so they shouldn't wilt in her hair.... ?

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Roses are also hardy provided they are not too open. Orchids (cymbidium) are also hardy too. Lilies are quite delicate so that's probably why they didn't last too long Smiley sad Head heat and delicate flowers don't really go too well together LOL!

• Finesse (HIB)
    Finesse (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

I do advise brides to really think about having real flowers as more often than not they wilt and look awful by the end of the day. Two solutions are 1) use silk flowers, there are some very realisitc silk flowers around and they will look gorgeous all day 2) take them out after the reception and swap them for sparkly bits!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I do artificial hair flowers which you can wear after the wedding. They are a lot more reliable than silk.They are a lot better quality nowadays & it is hard to tell the difference, here are a few examples:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics