Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner November 2021 Cornwall

Is anyone planning on booking a wedding this year

Lisa, 19 of April of 2021 at 15:11 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 4
Help! I got engaged at new year and want to get married at the end of November but I’m so worried COVID will read it’s ugly head again and we’ll be forced to reduce numbers (we’d like 100 to the day plus another 100 for the evening) is anyone just biting the bullet and just booking everything up or am I right being over cautious? I just need some reassurance as no one has a crystal ball to predict what’s going to happen ??‍♀️

4 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 16 of May of 2021 at 14:58
  • D
    Dedicated June 2021 Hertfordshire
    Daisy ·
    • Hide content

I got engaged at Christmas and we booked our wedding for June, so have been planning and booking during lockdown. But we just want to get married and are happy with having a small wedding so have planned the day around smaller numbers. We are having 35 people, and have warned some of the guests that if restrictions don't get lifted that we will have to cut numbers, which everyone concerned is fine with. Ultimately, we'd get married with just 2 witnesses if that's what it came to.

It depends whether having larger numbers and a bigger style wedding with all the trimmings is important to you - and if so, would you be ok with having to 'downsize' if it came to it? If not, waiting until next year might be safer and less stressful for you during the planning process. Saying that, you might find that lots of venues and suppliers are getting booked up for the end of the year and beyond as couples postponed from 2020 and early this year, so it's worth checking availability if you have any preferred options before making any decisions either way.

Congratulations and good luck Smiley smile

• P
    Dedicated July 2021 West London
    Purple Girl ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Lisa

Congratulations. Like Daisy said if you do want to book this year u do need to book fast as availability is low due to people postponing from last year . It is doable as we got engaged in February and had our church booked with our date in March.July wedding here I comeGood luck
  • BlueBride
    Savvy September 2021 Leicestershire
    BlueBride ·
    • Hide content
    Hey Lisa, congrats! Me and my fiance booked our venue on 31st December 2020 for 24th September 2021. We have 60 guests attending with another 20 for the evening. I haven't even thought about minimising the numbers- I feel like if I don't think about it and carry on planning as if covid wasn't a problem then covid WILL NOT be a problem in September if that makes sense. Hope that helps for you- do it and go with it, stay positive and productive 😊
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated July 2022 Durham
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Me and my fiance decided to wait. Was originally end this year but after a discussion with everywhere reopening we feel concerned in case it flares up again :-( . So we have now got November 2022 :-). X all the best

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics