Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2013

Is anyone wearing Essence of Australia D1316

Martina11, 15 of August of 2012 at 15:49 Posted on Planning 0 25

Hello Everyone, I haven't had much luck trying on wedding dresses as I don't like many styles but yesterday I came across this dress. Is anyone wearing this Essence of Australia D1316? Thank you

25 replies

Latest activity by Vikki 121, 9 of September of 2013 at 21:23
  • L
    Beginner September 2012
    LeicesterBride ·
    • Hide content

No, but it's STUNNING!!

I'm wearing this:

which has a similar vibe.

I didn't try of any Essence but would have done if I'd seen that!! Good luck tracking it down - and remember to *flach* us a piccy ?

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    Martina11 ·
    • Hide content

I really like you dress. Which designer is it, if you don't mind me you asking? Love the dress.

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    kacy1988 ·
    • Hide content

I have an essence dress

it's a different style though. i LOVE it.

especially since it's a 12 (apparently wedding dresses come up small so i was expecting to have to get a 14-16)

the one you've chosen is lovely - it's a shame that style doesnt suit my shape as thats the style i origonally wanted

• B
    Beginner April 2013
    Boozle ·
    • Hide content

No sorry im not but such gorgeous dresses, the both of them

• JM&DM2B
    Beginner March 2013
    JM&DM2B ·
    • Hide content

Im not wearing the same style, Beautiful dress though!! I am having an essence dress they are so well made and love everything about them!

Heres mine Smiley smile Sorry its so big

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    Martina11 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your kind message. Love your dresses. x

• I
    Beginner May 2013
    Ivana1985 ·
    • Hide content

This dress is absolutely gorgeous! Stunning x

• V
    Beginner July 2013
    Vikki 121 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Martina11 I have ordered this dress! I was really worried I wouldn't find one I like, but this is beautiful and the detail is amazing!!!

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    Martina11 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Vikki, I am the same, I haven't liked many dresses but this one stands out. I have not ordered mine yet but I have tried this one 3 times now :-) What colour have you ordered this dress in? I think I will go with oyster. Can I ask you where have you order it from? Good luck with wedding planning. Martina

• L
    Beginner July 2013
    ljtomlinson1 ·
    • Hide content

Love this! I am still looking for my dress - date isnt until July 2013. But have just discovered Essence, i was looking at the much more expensive Suzanne Neville dresses but these are made just as well and i love alot of the styles! Now i just have to decide which one!!!!

• V
    Beginner July 2013
    Vikki 121 ·
    • Hide content

I have ordered it in ivory with a matching ivory satin edged veil. Can't wait until it comes in! I've ordered it from Daisy Bridal in Bournemouth. Good luck with your planning! x

• T
    Beginner February 2013
    Topper ·
    • Hide content

I've an essence, different style (strapless, same lace but to the ground) and I'm amazed how much I like it!

I don't get the odd posing all the models do though, what's with the strange leaning? I'd never have tried mine on based on the picture.

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    Martina11 ·
    • Hide content

Hello, I just wanted to ask you if your dress comes with netty skirt that is a part of the dress? It gives a dress a bit more volume at the bottom and better fishtail shape. I went to two different shops to try it on and in one shop they had the dress with the netty skirt and the other one didn't. In the shop where they didn't have the netty skirt as a part of the dress they said that it doesn't come with it. I am just confused how can same dress/designer be so different. Thank you

• V
    Beginner July 2013
    Vikki 121 ·
    • Hide content

My dress D1316 does have a net underskirt I haven't tried a version without it but it definitely gives it more volume, you can get a fishtail petticoat that would do the job if it doesn't come with it but it seems a bit odd that there would be two versions like that x

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Absolutely stunning dress.

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    Martina11 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, Just wanted to ask you did you have to go size up than your normal high street size? Thanks again for your help x

• V
    Beginner July 2013
    Vikki 121 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Martina, To be honest I have no idea what size I've got. I got measured and the shop have ordered the most appropriate size. Sorry! xxx

• MrsH29.06
    Beginner June 2012
    MrsH29.06 ·
    • Hide content

Mine was Essence D989. I love, love their dresses ?

A perfect design that needs no extra hoops, underskirts etc....

Plus here's a cheeky pic of me in mine ?

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    blondie29 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG this dress is fab, what make and style is it? where did you get it

• S
    Beginner August 2013
    stephie85 ·
    • Hide content

Hi! I ordered this dress 2 weeks ago for my wedding in August this year, I chose it after trying on a lot of full lace dresses and wanted to try something a bit different. You can take the top lace bit off and have it as just sweetheart neckline which I prefer Smiley smile x

• V
    Beginner July 2013
    Vikki 121 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Stephie,

I'm not planning on wearing the lace top either, as lovely as it is I prefer the sweetheart neckline!

Still waiting for my dress to come into stock -it can't be long now!!

I may be seeing things here but I had a message pop up about underwear to wear with it but it's gone now so in case anyone is struggling I can highly recommend the wonderbra ultimate strapless they call it hand technology and I know it sounds silly but they're so comfy to wear and for once it's a strapless bra that gives really good support (I swear I could be a sales rep for them!) the link is here: http://www.wonderbra.eu/uk/solution-bras-/ultimate-strapless-lace-bra/invt/9469/&colour=Black as silly as it sounds it's definitely worth a look especially if you're struggling!

• M
    Beginner March 2014
    mall2014 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone.

I seen the d1316 in a magazine and totally fell in love with it. I tried it on at the weekend and it didnt disappoint!!! Not getting married until next year but i think ive found my dress!!! I tried on the oyster colour but think i would order it in ivory. It is such a change from the full lace dresses. I have also seen a sophia tolli dress called lavinia but it is full lace, going dress shopping today again so might try it on if they have it, just to compare.

• M
    Beginner March 2013
    Mrs Angus ·
    • Hide content

Not sure if I am too late but I am selling this dress it is in excellent condition let me know if you are still looking for it.

• V
    Beginner July 2013
    Vikki 121 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone,

I couldn't resist posting a pic of me and the dress: Essence D1316

It was so comfy to wear and I loved every second that I got to wear it.

Happy planning everyone, I wish you all a day as perfect as ours was!

Vikki

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics