Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*tinkerbell*
Beginner March 2013

is it bad luck to show people your dress?

*tinkerbell*, 7 of August of 2012 at 21:13 Posted on Planning 0 17

I know its bad luck for the groom to see your dress. But is it bad luck for other people to see your dress? Obviously i want it to have a wow effect when i walk down the aisle in it so wont be showing all my guests. But i was showing a picture to someone at work today and another woman who relalised started making a big deal out of it. Saying that the only people who should see it are you and your bridal party?

I havent even bought the dress yet although i am going this weekend to put a deposit down . So is it really bad luck? i dont think i can keep it all to myself till then ?

17 replies

Latest activity by *tinkerbell*, 9 of August of 2012 at 17:36
  • psycho_jo
    Beginner August 2012
    psycho_jo ·
    • Hide content

I hope not as my mum has been showing all her friends mine!! (She is making it) My OH always tells me off when I say things are bad luck as he says there's no such thing but he wouldn't want to see my dress so that the first time he sees it is when I walk down the aisle. It's nice to have surprises but wouldn't worry about showing anyone (except your OH!)

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Nah that's bollocks. Show who you like.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I had a pic of mine on my phone, so pretty much anyone who was in my company once I was under the influence of a few vino blancos saw it. (total strangers in pub beer gardens included) My H didn't though, thats all that matters as far as I'm concerned!

• RachTN25
    Beginner December 2012
    RachTN25 ·
    • Hide content

I've had my dress at home for ages and have shown loads of people as been too excited to keep it to myself lol

Rach xx

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha! This made me chuckle, I love a bit of straight talking!

• *tinkerbell*
    Beginner March 2013
    *tinkerbell* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies and just cause i can i will give you all a flash as soon as i figure out how ?

• *tinkerbell*
    Beginner March 2013
    *tinkerbell* ·
    • Hide content

its probably tiny so heres the link for the website http://enzoani.com/CarryOver.html ??

• *tinkerbell*
    Beginner March 2013
    *tinkerbell* ·
    • Hide content

Did the link work?

• *tinkerbell*
    Beginner March 2013
    *tinkerbell* ·
    • Hide content

Haha not sure about the figure ! but i love it too much to care ?

never thought i'd get this excited over a dress

x

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Lovely dress.

I couldn't care less about superstitions, I showed OH my dress as he has good taste and I like to know his opinion, and I can't keep anything a secret from him!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Fortunately he liked it and didn't like the dress I was originally thinking of buying. Although if he hadn't liked it then tough as I'd already bought it!

• *tinkerbell*
    Beginner March 2013
    *tinkerbell* ·
    • Hide content

I have to admit i am tempted to show my OH a picture of it! i like knowing his opinion on things but at the same time i dont want to ruin the surprise ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics