Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner October 2011

Is it expected... menu inserts in invites?

karen945, 6 June, 2011 at 21:28 Posted on Planning 0 16

I'm confused. Am I expected to put the wedding breakfast menu in the invitations?

We're having the tasting session next week. We're going to go for a salmon starter, chicken main and apple pie/ crumble for dessert. We know who the few fussy eaters are to sort the vegetarian option.

At my brothers wedding we didn't receive a menu in the invite, and the wedding before that was over 12 years ago and I can't remember!

?

16 replies

Latest activity by Storky, 7 June, 2011 at 19:21
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

We just asked for any dietary requirements on invites, didn't send the menu options.

We have a couple of vegetarians and a couple of allergies, and we'll happily cater for them, everyone else can shove their preferences and find something out of the loads we are providing for them.

• L
    Beginner January 2012
    la1510 ·
    • Hide content

I'm only putting it in as our guests have a choice- any other weddings I've been to we haven't recieved it in the invite

• fizzypop
    Beginner July 2011
    fizzypop ·
    • Hide content

I've not always received menus in wedding invites, I'll pretty much eat anything though so I'm never too worried. We have put our menu up on our wedding website, but only because I was having so much fun creating it haha! x

• Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

We just asked that if anyone had any special dietary requirements that they let us know when they RSVP'd

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I would only add the menu if they had a choice to make... other than that and dietary requirements they get what they are given!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I lost this battle! I wanted to put menus in, as we are having beef as main course and I know some people can be funny about red meat, so I thought they may want to have the vegetarian option. H2B said as Mrs C has just said there: They get what they are given! I have obviously asked for dietary requirements though.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We had beef too!!!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

This is probably a really silly question but if there's no differing meals, do you have to have menus on the tables? Or does it just complete the look of the table, IYKWIM?

• R
    Beginner May 2012
    ruby_tuesday ·
    • Hide content

We aren't having menu choices except for carnivore versus herbivore but I am still going to ask the venue to put menus on each table. Just so guests have an idea of what's coming. I'm hacing a civil ceremony so might actually include it in the Order of the Day cards that I intend to make at some point.....ugh.

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

IKWYM. This is part of my conundrum as well. I think its up to you. I dont think I'll be putting menus anywhere.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had menus... mainly because I wanted them to add to my travel theme (they were little passports!) but also so people knew what was coming when they sat down. Not essential but a nice touch I think.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh did it go down well? Lots of clean plates? This is one of my "falling asleep at night niggles" ?

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding a couple of years ago where we were to choose from 2 starters, 2 mains and 2 desserts. The menu choices were included with the invites and we had to choose our options on the RSVP card they had provided for us.

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same here. For our wedding we are not giving them a choice, just veggie or meat, so we just asked for their dietry requirements on the RSVP card. We haven't even decided on our menu yet!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well that's the thing, our venue doesn't let us give choices but I have an idea for menu cards/place names!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Then do it!! I think its a lovely touch... this was mine...

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Unless you are giving your guests a choice (other than the standard meat v veggie option plus any specific dietary requirements), I'd steer away from menus in the invitations. You'll receive a hoard of preferences which does no one any good. It also ties you into a menu you may wish to change nearer to the time.

As for menus on the table, we gave each person a personalised menu in their place setting.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics