Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Y
Beginner June 2021 Perthshire

Is it ok to ban social media uploads completely

Yellowtractor223457, 18 of April of 2020 at 22:42 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello

i hope I don’t sound a bridezilla, We want to keep our wedding private. Neither of us have social media so we will not be uploading any photos. I do not mind at all guests taking photos of themselves/each other and uploading this anywhere there want, however we do not want any photos of ourselves uploaded on social media. This is for a few reasons but personally I just want my day to be private friends have social media and they do post quite a lot, they have people on their friends list who I used to work with or go to school with who I just don’t want to know every detail about my wedding day.

Is it ok to say to guests we are more than happy for them to snap away with photos of themselves but we just would like them to respect our wish for our wedding to be private and not upload any photos of us on social media. Given that neither of us use social media we’re never going to see these photos ourselves so would just rather there were not any of us online.

thank you !

3 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 26 of April of 2020 at 09:50
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I think it's totally reasonable. Your day, your rules. If posting photos of your wedding is so important that they don't want to come to it if they can't upload pics, they can always stay away (and do you really want that kind of person at your wedding anyway?!)

• R
    RomanticPurpleBride228 ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely! We went one further and banned - well nicely asked people not to take pics but to enjoy the experience instead. People ended up loving it, the tables talked to each other and made new friends.

One friend couldn't help herself though, but limited what she uploaded to a WhatsApp to a mutual friend in Hong Kong who couldn't make it, but in general people were happy to go with our vibe once we explained it.

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

You can ask them not to do it but they might still do it anyway then what happens?

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If friends don't respect the OPs wishes, then they are not really friends.

OP, if you don't want any photos uploaded, you should check with your wedding photographer before booking, if you are planning to have one. Some actually have it written into their policy that they have the right to use any photos they take for publicity, including on their website and social media pages.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics