Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner November 2004

Is it possible to drop a dress size in 5 weeks? (size 20 to 18)?

Minx Sauce, 10 of June of 2008 at 11:38 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 4

I go on holiday in 5 weeks time. I bought a gorgeous dress last summer that was a size 18 and just a little bit too tight around the bust. I bought it anyway as I thought it'd be fine once I lost a few pounds. I now can't even do the zip up!! ?. I'm now a definite size 20 all over.

I'm joining SW tonight for the first time, and if I'm really strict with myself, would it be possible to drop a dress size in time for my holiday in 5 weeks?

4 replies

Latest activity by DDiva, 11 of June of 2008 at 12:39
  • barongreenback
    Beginner September 2004
    barongreenback ·
    • Hide content

Yes, but (just to sound like a broken record) exercise will help you lose the additional inches. Just dieting isn't the solution.

• M
    Beginner November 2004
    Minx Sauce ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cheers Baron. I'm def going to do some exercise too. Jogging really hurts as I have big norks, but I'm going to try and do a fast power type walk for 30 mins each eve. Hopefully when I've lost a bit of weight I'll be able to progress to jogging.

Would a fast walk each evening count as exercise d'ya think? Obviously I know it's exercise ?, but I mean is it 'cardio' enough to make a difference?

• Kate84
    Beginner August 2009
    Kate84 ·
    • Hide content

ha ha. I have big "norks" to and I do a wee bit of jogging wearing a sports bra and a tight fitting sports top...and of course with no one looking!!!! Avoids the old black eyes. the speed I jog at is probably slower that power walking and after about 4 weeks I can feel the difference (following weightwatchers as well but thats just 'healthy eating' - not eating between meals basically). Anyway, good look x

• barongreenback
    Beginner September 2004
    barongreenback ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Absolutely - you'd be amazed how much you can raise your heart rate with a really brisk walk (but I do mean walking pretty fast). As for the norkage, there are plenty of larger chested ladies who run with the aid of structural support that would put the Eiffel Towel to shame (and with much less bulk too ?). Running isn't an easy option though if you're overweight and whilst it's had brilliant results for me so far, there are easier and less painful routes to fitness.

• DDiva
    Beginner August 2009
    DDiva ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Yes i do SW and new members of your size can often lose around a stone in 5 weeks.

How was the meeting ? Dont panic if it takes a while for it all to sink in - it will with time ......

Any questions feel free to post here or PM me, I'm off to start a Tuesday weigh-in post. Make sure you let us know how you're doing next week.

DD xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics