Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Beginner October 2021 South West London

Is it standard for the bride to pay the boutique for the dry cleaning of a sample dress?

Kate, 14 of May of 2021 at 22:58 Posted on Planning 0 2
Hi all
I bought my dress from a boutique yesterday and it’s a sample that people try on in the shop. It was reduced because the boutique is getting rid of old stock not because it’s a sample. The boutique I bought it from want to charge me £120 for the dry cleaning. Is it standard that the bride has to cough up the money for the dry cleaning of a dress she’s only tried on once? Seems pretty steep given the boutique has used it for other women to try on up until that point and I’ve only tried it on once. So is this standard practice or am I being silly?

2 replies

Latest activity by Wilkins, 17 of May of 2021 at 12:33
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    I never bought a sample dress but I think it is standard for the bride to pay for cleaning though I would think you could take it to a cleaner of your choice. Guess the reasoning is you can then take it on the day and the store can free up space. The odd thing is that they didn’t tell you upfront that you would have to pay for it to be cleaned because in theory you could then factor that into whether you were willing to pay for the dress. Good luck
  • P
    Dedicated July 2021 West London
    Purple Girl ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Kate
    I bought a sample dress and they had it cleaned for me I didn't have to pay for that.
    I guess u could always get a quote to see how much you can get it cleaned for rather than them doing it.X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics