Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Curious July 2023 East Central London

Is it too early to send wedding invitations? 6 months in advance

Honey, 13 of January of 2023 at 15:52 Posted on Planning 0 3
I’m getting married on July the 1st, so in just under 6 months time. I want to start sending invites now to be organised, but is it too early? A lot of things online say to send invites 3-4 months before, so I’m not sure what’s best. I always thought 6 months was a good amount of time but can postpone if better

3 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 15 of January of 2023 at 08:39
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married July 15 and we've just sent ours! Our venue actually advised it, because they need menu choices and final head count 2 months in advance - we put an RSPV date of end of March, to give ourselves a buffer to invite others if we get declines.

We're also getting married non-locally in a popular holiday area, so sending now gives guests time to book accommodatation so that's worth factoring in too. I definitely think the standard timelines can be quite tight for non local weddings, especially because some people might book off the day or afternoon before to travel, and that means factoring in your overall annual leave allowance and how much notice your company wants...

• A
    Dedicated October 2023 Surrey
    AmesLou ·
    • Hide content

I am hoping to send mine in February (this could shift to March) and I'm not getting married until the end of October! I sometimes worry it's slightly too early, but we have quite a lot of friends and family invited from abroad. Lots of guests do already know about the wedding but I think it will be easier for them to plan their trips if they have the information in our invites already (e.g. special prices at the hotel if they mention they are staying for our wedding).

• S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

There’s nothing wrong with sending invitations now if you want to, especially if you haven’t sent save the dates.

We found working out the wording and what info needed to be included was a bit tricky if we hadn’t sorted info ourselves yet, so that’s something to consider. In the end we sent ours pretty late (first week of Jan for our wedding on 1st April) but we’d sent save the dates in July last year, so some people had already let us know they wouldn’t be able to make it and that helped inform our final guest list.

I guess the only frustrating thing with sending them out early might be having a long RSVP time. Because ours had a short turnaround, most people RSVP’d really quickly.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics