Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dean
Beginner July 2022 Nottinghamshire

Is it typical to not hear from your registrar prior to the wedding?

Dean, 15 of July of 2022 at 00:25 Posted on Planning 0 3
Our wedding is next week, we have fully paid the registrar, gave our notice and filled in their online form. It says on that form that the booking is confirmed and paid. But we haven't heard anything else from them? I've tried ringing dozens of times and they go straight to answer phone due to being busy.

Has anyone else experienced this?

(We using Northampton)

3 replies

Latest activity by Stephanie, 15 of July of 2022 at 11:41
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I had a call 3 days before to run through the final planning and our requirements. They tend to do it the week before so if it is next Saturday they will likely call you on Monday or Tuesday, but i understand it is worrying! Can you try and email them? If you have submitted your ceremony I am sure it will be fine. Or can you go in to the office to try and speak to someone?

• Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

Our wedding is a week tomorrow in Surrey and we have done same as you re registrar. The email I got back from the registrar after completing their wedding checklist online with the readings and music choice etc actually said you will not hear from us unless we have queries. I did receive an email from them a few days later to query the background music which I had said the venue will play - they said "Please may I ask that you remind the venue that these tracks should not include any religious music or associated with any religion". We are providing the music ourselves so I replied to confirm that.

So I think it is normal not to hear unless there is question or issue on their part.

Why do you need to speak to them ? Do you want to make changes?

• Stephanie
    Savvy June 2022 South West London
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content

Ours was Bath, we heard nothing after filling in the checklist until our registrar started a group chat with us on text about 2 days before. I think it's normal not to hear until just before!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics