Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs*W*2B
Beginner August 2014

is it weird if the bride travels with the bridesmaids?

Mrs*W*2B, 6 of July of 2012 at 18:27 Posted on Planning 0 19

i've been looking at cars and i really like the beetles and campervans...i have 3 bridesmaids and me and my dad to get to the venue (so 5 total) i have the option of the beetle soft top for me and dad and the campervan for bridesmaids for £590 total or i can just do the campervan with us all in it for £350...do you think you HAVE to be in a separate car with your dad (or whoever is giving you away) or do you think we should save money and go for the one?? x

19 replies

Latest activity by LoveSka, 10 of July of 2012 at 17:30
  • Figs
    Beginner June 2012
    Figs ·
    • Hide content

Your wedding, you do whatever you like!

• mrs james 2 b
    Beginner November 2012
    mrs james 2 b ·
    • Hide content

Im arriving with my 2 bridesmaids, ring bearer in a car driven by my granda whoo is giving me away... My flower girl nd page boy r arriving with their mummy&daddy so im not doin the norm Smiley smile

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing that too. We're all travelling together, me, my 2x BM's, my Mum and my cousin who's giving me away.

• katiechops
    Beginner June 2013
    katiechops ·
    • Hide content

Yep, im having a campervan too with us all in, its going to get groom, bestman, MOG and flowergirl first, then coming back for me, dad and 2 bridesmaids. Knowone will see me arrive anyway so we may aswell all enjoy it.

The photos will hopefully be good too! xx

• psycho_jo
    Beginner August 2012
    psycho_jo ·
    • Hide content

Go for the camper!

I'm having a modern people carrier with my 4 bridesmaids, mum and brother (who is giving me away). Very excited we all get to travel together!

• S
    splendidit ·
    • Hide content

I had a vintage style car that seated 7 so went with my bridesmaids, dad and mum. I thought I would be too nervous just with my dad and it was great having us all together. We ended up singing nursery rhymes to calm my nerves all the way! I'm so pleased we all went together.

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

• M
    Beginner August 2013
    MRSPULLINTOBE ·
    • Hide content

I'm arriving with my bridesmaids, it's your day go for what you want

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I would say go for the campervan if you're happy to. I am going to travel on my own with dad, but that's because I want to - we're very close and it will be nice to have that time together. If you're not as much as a soppy old sausage like me though, the camper van idea is lovely!

• L
    Beginner May 2013
    little179 ·
    • Hide content

Another who is planning on doing this, mum and 2 bridesmaids in a campervan Smiley smile

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Me, mum, dad and my 3 BMs and FG all travelled together!! You dont HAVE to do anything..save the pennies and all go together!

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Im starting to really like the idea of travelling together (and saving money) i think it will be less formal so hopfully calm the nerves...so I think campervan it is!! Thanks x

• swampy1901
    Beginner August 2012
    swampy1901 ·
    • Hide content

I'm travelling with my daughter who is one of the adult bridesmaids and my son who is giving me away!

Swampy

• LilyGrace
    LilyGrace ·
    • Hide content

Yep go with the camper. get your bridemaids to get out first and be photographed then get your dad to exit and help you out, it will make for some fabulous photos

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

I'm travelling with my dad & my two boys, who are pageboys. I love campervans & it will be fun, less time to get nervous if there's a few of you!

• RebeccaC
    RebeccaC ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I travelled in a limo with my mum, dad and bridesmaid. I loved it!!!! My dad isn't here anymore so it makes me so happy to think of that journey. Anything goes - it's your wedding!

Rebecca

• M
    Beginner August 2012
    mrshms ·
    • Hide content

I love the idea of a campervan! I've got two cars booked, but that was purely for numbers. I can't say I'm especially looking forward to being in a car with just my dad, we wind each other up when I'm nervous and on edge, so it should be interesting! I think travelling with all your bridesmaids will be so much fun! x

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

We are having a double decker bus so I'll be travelling with bridesmaids and mum then it will also serve as a lift down to the reception for people!

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I traveled with my bridesmaids in a VW camper

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics